Bike Weight

adamof

i will second that....or spend the time and money down the gym to get bigger muscles so yuo can lift the bike higher....

Not so much BIGGER muscles as that would give you more mass to lift in the first place. What you need to do is if you want to go down the gym is to work on developing fast twitch muscle fibres which gives you the power quickly, which is what you want to do when doing TGS riding. Anyone who does GCSE or A-level PE will understand.

Not so much BIGGER muscles as that would give you more mass to lift in the first place. What you need to do is if you want to go down the gym is to work on developing fast twitch muscle fibres which gives you the power quickly, which is what you want to do when doing TGS riding. Anyone who does GCSE or A-level PE will understand.

You need to work on explosive power. Brute strength isn't going to help you. You need to apply the power in the shortest time possible. Look how boxers train, plyometrics etc. I know these things, I thai box! lol

You need to work on explosive power. Brute strength isn't going to help you. You need to apply the power in the shortest time possible. Look how boxers train, plyometrics etc. I know these things, I thai box! lol

Which is exactly what I was saying if you read it...

Fast twitch muscle fibres are what give you the explosiveness. I used to thai kick box, (well had a few lessons :ermm: ) But thats because I'm half thai...

With the Carbon forks fitted, 8.9kg, with Echo Lites, 9.1kg.

All of the Mods I have planned should see it down to 8.6-8.8 I think, we'll see.

A 7kg Pashley? Buy new scales, yours are broken.

Even Tarty Adam's Czar is only 8.4kg!

Zoo pitbull 04 10.35kg ......

Try-all rims

try-all bars

Megamo cranks

Acs

raceline maggies

Onza stem

Pig h/set

un54 bb

v8's

kmc kool chain

Mission hubs

fire-eye singlespeed kit

rb booster

There is no way that pash is 7.2kgs! my woodstock with xc rims (frame is 1.6kg) was 9.9kg!

Edited by Alex Dark

Well, I'm sure it is.

I'l Weigh it next time i go to Cycleworks (Probably next monday) and i'll photo the Scales (Y)

Jarrod

theres not a chance your bike weighs that. Tartyadam couldnt get his mod below 8kg and he had every mod and light part going on his bike. And youve got a steel frame.

Does wait really make that much difference? Seems to me that these days people are doing ridiculous and expensive things to shave of a few grams which would lose the equivelant to having a shite before riding.

I ust to think that, but it does. If you ride competitions it can make a big difference as a lighter bike means you have to do less work throwing the bike around and it means you have more energy and therefore dont usualy make the silly mastakes as much.

how can i make my bike lighter its an onza t-pro o6ish maggies f+b viz hub on try-all rim. zoo! riser bar (the new ones) echo team stem, echo lite forks, dmr v8 pedals, echo tyres soon to be changing to some maxis c-c to save a bit of weight and actually get some grip :P im nitromorssing the frame as soon as it brakes next as i cba to take it apart when its working fine. sooo any ideas? ??

cheers ozzy, (sorry for hi-jacking thread btw)

viz bb, - £14

monty internal headset, - £43 (if you keep your onza frame)

echo lite frame, - £229

meta headset, - £29 (if you get a echo lite frame)

cut the steerer and remove all the spacers,

replace the muscle men of yours?

that'll save you a bit, and it'll cost you quite abit to mind!

EDIT: spelling mistake

Edited by cai

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
hey Im New to Trials biking and for my first bike its a onza rip trials bike and it weighs 11kg is that realy heavy for tricks its a 20" wheel bike....if thats helps

Yes, for natural/comp riding I always like my mods to be below 9kg, stocks below 10kg, although it changes with riders opinion.

In reality though if you're new and you're doing "tricks", then it doesn't matter, when I was learning I had a T-Pro for 6 weeks until it snapped, then I wacked a Zona Zip frame in, it was a mod that weighed over 12kg and had a wheelbase of 1070mm. (1045mm standard, t-pro forks with huge rake and a knackered chain adds up to 1070mm). It was a barge and I still learned well enough on it. :P

does a 20" trials weigh alot less then bigger wheel size and thanks for yours replys 11kg will be ok to begins with

Well i suppose it should do since its smaller, but it would depend on what parts you have etc I'm sure that theres a lot of stocks/24" that are lighter than mods. For example, a completely stock onza bird or whatever would weigh a lot more than a custom stock with carbon, ti parts and drilled rims and so forth. Hope ive helped, anyone correct me if i'm wrong :D