Fat Pants' T-pro

Fixed Pants™

loving the rotor n all :)

I'm not, it's f**king pissed to shit!

Anyone elses and it'd be horrible... :P

Never! It's tastefully coloured etc, just a few random colour parts let it down :(

Come to think of it, a silver rear hub would look sex? Damn i hate not having much money, and having much money then spending it on stuff :lol:

No :P It's just not 100% colour matched. Gonna buy some black spray for the cranks, stem and tensioners, then it will look better.

Can't afford to change hubs atm, don't think i ever will just for colour, then all that's left is the bars really... Which can be sanded down or sprayed.

• 3 months later...

Bit of a bump.

Got an Echo Team stem on sunday, feels pretty good.

post-10541-1210722588_thumb.jpg

I plan on stripping the rear hub down with caustic soda to raw metal (silver, like the front hub with any luck) and also doing the bars. Then, change to snail cams and it'll be pretty koshers. Only 'out of place' colour will be the raceline yellow but i love it's colour, and it's originality, so i'm not getting rid of that/stripping it.

Edited by Fat Pants™

On the rear hub, you talk of this play. Is it like a wobble? If so, this can be fixed by running two spacers inside of the frame, therefore you don't have to change to shitty snail cams :).

Yep, fairly sure it's cos the sleeves on the axle haven't been pressuring the bearings into the hub, so they've slipped about a bit. I didn't think cams were that bad? I spose i could just use them as spacers? Or i reckon i'd have difficulty finding the right thickness.

Yep, fairly sure it's cos the sleeves on the axle haven't been pressuring the bearings into the hub, so they've slipped about a bit. I didn't think cams were that bad? I spose i could just use them as spacers? Or i reckon i'd have difficulty finding the right thickness.

I suffer from this on my deng hub, I had to put up with it for a while, then found out that all deng hubs are meant to run cams on the inside to prevent this wobble. But, I despise Snail Cams, so I just ran two spacers on the axle, and the wobble stopped. Give it a go, then report back.

Which spacers do i need?

Just anyones that clear the end of the axel, I got mine from the local DIY shop for 50p. just so that the spacer touches the frame when you do the bolts up, or in my case, when they hit the chain tugs.

post-16330-1210724138_thumb.jpg