Rc Car Thread!

Sam F

Hpi pro II by any chance?

maybe we should have an RC car thread lol.

Well maybe i could start, i have a Mammoth ST and a HPI Savage X 4.1 Big Block :) We can all discuss things and say what cars you own! Maybe some pictures be nice too.

Edited by Sam Fenchurch

My dad and I used to race 1/5th scale, but now we dont. I think the rolling chassis for his car was about £1500, and mine was about £800, plus servos which were £100 each for the steering servos, and about £40 for the engines. Plus radio gear, my dad had the hot shit Futaba stuff which was about £300 for the set, and I had some good quality stuff too which I got for £120 second hand, so between us we had about £3k worth of kit :/

Then it got too expensive so we gave up :( I still have a little Yokomo all carbon fibre electric car, but the fuse always used to go on the speed controller when I raced it, plus all the little kids would get arsey if I was winning and they would smash into it :( I also had a Traxxas 1/10th scale nitro car which had upgraded everything, and an entire spare rolling chassis just incase.

We used to race a lot :P

http://www.mmmrc.org/

That was the track we used to race 1/5th and 1/10th on, about 10 mins from my house :)

Edited by JonMack

I use to race as well. Was great fun, often think about taking it up again, but it just got to expensive if you wanted to be competitive.

I had:

1/10th scale electric buggy's - Losi XXX & Yokomo MX4

1/12 scale - Mardave ministock & Mardave V12 Hot Rod.

Plus shed loads of different wound motors, batteries, speed controls, tyres, shock oils, springs and an obsession with graphite + blue trinity parts for my Losi!

Going out racing at weekend's to regionals and the odd national are some of the best memories of my youth! Happy days.

I used to race 1/10th touring cars about a year ago :) i was sponsored by Schumacher racing, FatPants i used to get all the schumacher toys like the rascal half price hehe!

Stopped racing because of other commitments but i raced a mates car at my local indoor track for the first time in over a year on Wednesday and won the top heat :) so im going back to race again.

Edited by wally

I have a traxxas Nitro 4-Tec sat at home somewhere. Think the lighter plug thingy died so i never used it again. Shame as it went REALLY fast, we used to go to the airfield and drive it alongside the real car :D

It's like 2 quid to replace, do it.

Wally, i envy...

Mates got a Schuie Menace .21 4x4, sooooooo f**king quick, does 70 odd and it's an offroader.

Yeah i would, but i can't really be bothered. I wouldn't use it now anyway so if i ever did get round to replacing it, it would only be for me to be able to sell it.

x50 or maybe 75 of your money is better off than nothing right? Of what its gonna cost to replace anyway

Edited by Sam Fenchurch

I got a hobao hyper 7, I think, and its broke. Basically we were ragging it round a field, and it got pretty hot, now it wont run properly :( keeps cutting out, when you rev it.

Also have me an electric tamiya tt-01 for had a sweet beemer 3 series body with lights and everything, now have some horrible looking skyline gtr shell as the beemer got smashed when my mates got on the controls!

Also have a rc glider which is awesome fun :D

Yeah so if any of you know what could be up with my engine, give me a shout!

x50 or maybe 75 of your money is better off than nothing right? Of what its gonna cost to replace anyway

I'm sorry, i know i've had a few beers but either way... that doesn't seem to make sense at all. I get the second part but what the hell is the first sentence supposed to say?

:S

Ho-ly shit that mini's got a lot of negative camber on it!! Does that much actually help?!

I used to run leccy RC's- had a Kyosho Raider buggy and then a Tamiya Vanessa's Lunchbox (hell yeah!) monster truck thing. Keep thinking about getting another one but I've already got too many toys and I'd just break it...

i have a TT-01 drift car and a TT-01 street/racing set up. (i will get pics up later on)

i also have a helicopter, now thats good fun when you can fly them, as mine has a little cam on the nose of it....so it can be alot of fun lol