Gu Tp 08 Update!

Damon W

well, to be honest i didnt like it to much with how it was before, seemed weird to ride

i decided it was because the front end was too low, becuase this new headtubes is cnc'ed lower, so i didnt want to put any more spacers on and i remembered how much i used to love the 2006 zoo bars

so i got some 2006 VIZ MAX bars, which are the same as the old zoo'z shapewise, BUT, thicker material :)

i used to run the gu bars with a 10 mm spacer under the stem

now im runnin the viz bars and a 5mm spacer! :) SOOOOOOOOOOOO much different

also, not that you can see these

wasnt happy with the plazmatic crms on the back, i seem to ware them down way to fast, had 2 mm of pad left after 3 rides :blink: , so i went back to the blue rock pads, which i LOVE! propa loud and alot more bitey then plaz. these padsa are underrated!

also put a hacksaw blade in my 74 kings tensioner to stiffen her up abit :-

i reckomend anyone goin to own or who owns a 08 Gu tp should get high rise bars to compensate for the shorter headtube

i prefer this frame to the 2007, the long stays are helpin me with a few certain moves (Y)

anyway boardum + jus found a bike picture = this topic :)

Dan ko only had them in gold, i dont care thought, i think it looks orate witht them, its grown on me :)

i jus wanted the viz bars, and he had them in! :D

Cool i think it look's good maybe a few more gold parts? Like your old adamant?

Edited by Tom Jefferies

Cool i think it look's good maybe a few more gold parts? Like your old adamant?

na f**k that i hated my old Adamant with all gold parts, looked like prince william in a gold chariot goin down the street, was rate annoying

i like it how it is :)

spec is:

GU TP 08 frame

GU headset

Echo urban forks 08 vbrake version

avid sd7 arms

plaz crv pads (front)

echo hifi stem 130x15

viz max bars 2006

avid sd 7 lever

rear maggie with edd potts stainless tpa wheel & braided crossover

clear echo grips

truvativ bb

gu cranks

gu bash

surely cog

khe chain

odessey bmx rear 14t cog

74 kings tensioner (modded)

hope pro 2 on echo rim black spokes

pieroller tyre

front echo nondiskhub on echo front rim

kenda kinetic tyre

rock pads on rear (blue)

5 mm headset spacer under stem

ti 8 mm hope bolts on rear hub

John Shrewsbury Posted Today, 09:11 PM

Looks gd for all that sh..t u do mate, hows the filming coming along?

WANK lol, weathers bad on weekends usually, nevermind though aye, more time at gym,lol, role on summer :)

summer night rides woooooooooop

Edited by Damon W

Damon, my friend assembled one gu like yours.

I´ve rode sometimes on his bike and i feelt like a little flexible on rear wheel when pedalkicking, do u fell the same?

this is his bike:

post-9386-1202501595_thumb.jpg

post-9386-1202501626_thumb.jpg

no, not in the slightest, it will be his WHEEL flexing not the frame, frames stiffest one iv used :)

Nice bike. I suppose you ride it hardcore. :) Btw. Its good to hear that you are in the gym when not on the bike. Im working out too. Getting stronger and stronger... it helps my riding alot. How long have you been working out?

ive bin working out around 5 months now really enjoying it, seems to help a few things in my riding :)

The other option you could have tried damon to increase the ride height is to run a Viz stem 130mm/20 rise (5 degrees higher than your current Echo Hi-Fi 130mm/15 rise). something im currently experiementing on my 07 Adamant A1 esspecially now that switching from using Echo Control forks to Echo Urban forks which are taller because of the reverse mounted magura mount. shame you didnt take a closer pic of your bike.