Which Tyres To Use... ?

Peperami

Hey,

Am returning to trials after a 4 year lay off, so hi! Have been directed to this forum by a mate who's also a member.

Was wondering what tyres are the general consenus on here?

When i stopped i was using an el gato 2.2 rear, and mythos 2.1 front.

Have noticed a lot of people using maxxis now? And no more super skinny front tyres?

Opinions would be great, Dan :P

Oh, and at the moment the bike has a hansventure 2.4 rear, and a maxxis high roller 2.35 front (very worn, so needs replacing). Neither say anything about compound on them, so guessing standard/ hard.

Both are on wide rims (revell and alex dx32) with downhill tubes.

yes high rollers or creepy crawlers. they are both good and really it just comes down to what you like the look of as they are probally about the same both have there advantages and disadvantages like everything else

dec

Lol, so another 2.35 high roller on the front? Guessing tacky is the way to go too?

Will keep the hansventure (sp) on the rear for now as it has a fair bit of tread left.

Out of interest, how comes trials has moved away from xc tyres on the front? Is it due to using the front wheel more to hook up stuff?

Tarty bikes have sold out of the tryall front tyres, quite fancy one of them :(

Think im gonna go for a tryall front, and keep the hansventure on the rear for now. Hopefully free up some weight, coming from a singlespeed es4r this feels pretty heavy at the mo!

Tarty bikes have sold out of the tryall front tyres, quite fancy one of them :(

Think im gonna go for a tryall front, and keep the hansventure on the rear for now. Hopefully free up some weight, coming from a singlespeed es4r this feels pretty heavy at the mo!

trials-uk have them in stock i believe (Y)

what ever tyer you get dont get a tioga i ran one when i owned a zoo pitbull and all they do is get you a pinch and are'nt the easy'est of tyers to get of in my opinion i would go for a creepy crawler of a maxiss highroller

Edited by cam217