My Review On Tioga Sqaure Eight Tyres.

Andeee

Hey after giving the tyre a good test heres my personal views on it:

The tyre is really good value for money £12.99 in local bike shops.

Available in 1.80 and 2.10 diamater. I went for the 2.10.

When you run the 2.10 on a wide rim such as a try-all like me they look really nice and fat look atleast 2.35.

Im considering to try a 2.10 on a rear try-all rim should be wide like the front once pumped but tyres tend to be a b*sterd to get off of rear try-all rims. But im still happy with my hansventure.

When trying front wheel moves,sidehops and hucks it is grippy like glue so it basically gives you a nice firm grip on obstacles/objects.

Well thats my review i hope to hear some off of other people on the forum if they buy some.

Andrew

post-11393-1203712343_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1203712382_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andeee

Basically a 26" Crawler. Looks wise anyway, bet it's a crappy compound like the Tioga Factory's... :P

:o tioga factories ROCK! they are sooooooo grippy and last quite long too they have a lot of drag though but they are just mental for nattie riding (Y)

p.s a mate has one of these square 8 tires and it looks nice and feels very nice too

hmmm, I had some tioga factory dh tyres, was the compound made from grease? The grip made me think so :P

I think I'll stay clear of these new ones and stick with maxxis.

Well if you use the grippest treads known to mankind, then any other tread manufactuer that is not MAXXIS, is gonna feel rather greasy :S

tioga go down as the worst tyres I have used :rolleyes: , and I have used a few.

Agree with you mate, had a 2.3 downhill on rear and unless you were dead square on top of something, you'd slide off. No grip at all. They only stayed on for a week :P

If the compunds similar these are gonna be reet shite.

Agree with you mate, had a 2.3 downhill on rear and unless you were dead square on top of something, you'd slide off. No grip at all. They only stayed on for a week :P

Plus the profile was really 'high' so they rolled off the rim really easily on anything even slightly off-camber.

They've improved a bit recently though - I had a Tioga Blue Dragon on the front of my bike a while back. It was OK, nothing to write home about but it did the job well enough. A million times better than the Factory DHs though.