Cycle King Carbon Fork

Ben Cox

They look like they're made for cyclocross, which isn't quite the same as XC. Cyclocross is on and off-road, done on bikes that kinda look like roadbikes with manly tyres. So yeah, I really, really wouldn't trust those forks. I can't really think of any top racers who use rigids for XC anyway...

Even if the legs didn't snap straight away from hard disc use, I can't imagine the steerer would take much. Well not worth it.

It's not a cyclocross fork, way too beefy for that, and they usually run roadie calipers which don't use those mounts.

I'd say it's definitely a no go for any form of trials. Carbon dropouts and even carbon disc mounts! Really can't see those lasting long when they haven't been engineered with trials forces in mind. They're very pretty though ^_^

these are not cyclocross forks cos they come with v mounts...and errrr disc mounts which i don't think any cyclocross bikes will use.

proper full on ultra light rigids...i can see people using these for xc comps and stuff, i mean they're pretty much 1/3 weight of like reba world cups/fox's...

i'd imagine they're shatter happy too if you use it for trials...comp is a maybe but is it worth spending that much on a pair of forks you use only for comps??

steve