Train Travel

Sneakers O'Toole

In the morning i have to get the train back to uni. I go from my town station to Leeds, then down the Leeds - London line to Newark and change to another train. What i want to know is if anyone has had their tickets checked on the Leeds mainline bit? From memory i never had but that was about 1 year ago. I know i should pay but i bought a ticket on friday for the journey from uni and didnt use it. If i can get away with paying just the two short train trips i can save about £20.

Cheers

I can't really speak for that line, but ticket inspectors wake you up. They're not allowed to physically touch you, but they can shout like f**kers if they want. I was asleep with my mp3 player on on a train from Southampton, and was woken up by a faint noise. Turned out that I was the only person in the carriage, and the guy was saying "EXCUSE ME!" really loudly.

You may want to check the train operator's policy for buying tickets on the train - they usually don't allow it any more, just 'cos it's too easy to dodge the fares.

And then people complain the service is shit.

Meh I can see your point but the rates they charge are unfair especially at 16 when you have to pay full wack to go anywhere, the same price as someone who's earning money and not being forced to stay in school. Students should get reduced priced rail fairs fo'sure

Don't forget the fines only 20quid, so for 2 fair dodge's your going to save the money that your fines going to be anyway

Check the line too to see if it's in the 'no ticket = fine' areas. Not too sure myself where they are but it's definately worth checking. And they're usually fine about you buying tickets on the train.

If they get arsey just say you just got to the station when the train was there/bullshit you're away out of getting fined.

Students in the netherlands can ask for something called a "ov students card", I got one myself =]

Allows me to use any kind of public transport from monday to friday for free.

People who travel with me get 40% discount aswell :rolleyes:

I really travel alot during free days and holidays now, it's great :)