My New Bicycle...

AdamR28

More than powerful enough - if you do the calculations, a 160mm brake on a 20" works out the same leverage as a 208mm on a stock :)

You can see it's decent in my vid also... however that was before the brake had re-bedded in to the new setup, it's quite a bit better now.

Awesome. Yeah I had a look at Inurs post in the past. Muel said you prefer the std Hope rotors over the Monty ones too, is that right?

Yeah I watched the vid and it seems to hold you fine, I'm pretty sure it would be okay with my small weight!

Nah, that was Craig who prefers them, less grabby I think.

They just need to be bedded in properly, I only ever wash my bike with clean water, soap can turn your brakes to shit.

just imagine dual maggies

thtad shed even more weight??

The weight differnce between a disc and a maggy doesn't outweigh the fact that you would have rubbish brakes.

iLol! I actually think maggies can be OK, they just don't work well for me.

Adam,

You could save more weight without any compromise, just purchase a schwalbe mow joe sport tyre front, only 330g that’s how much less than try-all. Try it......

Asked him about it, he said it wouldn't grip enough.

Is it not light enough? :P

BMX racing has different demands to trials. I've used BMX racing tyres for street on my BMX, and even then they're not all that nice to use. Using them at low pressures like you would in trials (which they're not designed to run at), on surfaces they're not designed to run at = not so good.

woaaah mod looking really nice. (so the spikey seat tube isn't as bum penetrating as the original frame only pics it seems)

i agree adam the black stickers look a hell of a lot better!

started building mine today hopefully get some pics up in a few days time!! seriously can't wait!

steve

• 2 weeks later...
Looks amazing adam.

The rotor pic has a hole in the forks, is that standad or have you drilled little holes everywere ?

I think they are to aid the welding process, to let the gasses and fumes come out of the fork leg?

The rotor pic has a hole in the forks, is that standad or have you drilled little holes everywere ?

The one at the bottom of the right hand leg? That's to let hot gases out when welding, all frames/forks have em... I could drill some holes though :shifty: Nah, I'm trying to keep all the parts completely standard (only thing modded is bashplate mounts removed from the frame), for now anyway :D