Too Old For Trials?

stunt man t

i was just woundering who is the oldest person who rides trials??

and the oldest on the forum is?

im 22 and bin riding trials now for about 8 months, but sometimes think im 2 old for all this and shud get a car/girlfriend/mortgage!

i asked some peolpe at work if they could take some pallets from outside my workplaces unit and take them to my house to practise on,

but they said i should just grow up! :angry:

which p'd me off and got me thinkling.

any reply would be appreciated! (Y)(Y)

I'm 28 and have been riding trials since about 1997/1998... I have no plans to stop, though if I bothered listening to what other people say I'd never have started... I know quite a few people my age who are already effectively middle aged - Most of the people I hang out with are 4+ years younger than I am thanks to the people I know that are my age not being interested in getting out and cycling anymore. How old is Hans Rey at this stage?

Incidentally I already have a mortgage, could afford a car (But haven't bothered since I cycle everywhere). There's no reason you can't do all of the above. Doing things because of outside pressure from those around you is not a good reason to do them...

Edited by psycholist

i was just woundering who is the oldest person who rides trials??

and the oldest on the forum is?

im 22 and bin riding trials now for about 8 months, but sometimes think im 2 old for all this and shud get a car/girlfriend/mortgage!

i asked some peolpe at work if they could take some pallets from outside my workplaces unit and take them to my house to practise on,

but they said i should just grow up! :angry:

which p'd me off and got me thinkling.

any reply would be appreciated! (Y)(Y)

Never to old I am 37 and love it, crack on and ride bollox to what people say, I am rubbish but it keeps me fit and keeps me away from the telly.

JP

Never to old I am 37 and love it, crack on and ride bollox to what people say, I am rubbish but it keeps me fit and keeps me away from the telly.

JP

Prais the lord brother (Y)

I am 34 this year, started trials when i was 29. Got the car, mortgage and the misses all that bollo*cks.

i sometimes get weird looks :$ but fcuk em

its all in the mind.

Prais the lord brother (Y)

I am 34 this year, started trials when i was 29. Got the car, mortgage and the misses all that bollo*cks.

i sometimes get weird looks :$ but fcuk em

its all in the mind.

Alleluya to that, two kids, big mortgage, two cars the whole shabang but it aint gonna stop me.

JP

How dull, the age old topic about being too old to participate in any sport. i only know one forum member older than me (39yrs), but i havent seen him on this forum for a while now. this was when the forum showed the ages of all forum members who were live online. think he was 75yrs back in 2006. i remember when martyn ashton was asked "arent you a bit old for this" after his demo (martyn was 25yrs back then). bmx flatland legend Kevin jones who single handedly revolutionized modern bmx flatland is still busting out ridiculously hard tricks at 40yrs. dont let negative ignorant people dictate your quest for enjoyment.

Edited by Rusevelt

I don't understand why anyone would be too old for cycling, no matter what dicipline. Of course there is a trend to switch to less extreme diciplines when you get older, but it doesn't apply to everyone. Think Ot Pi, Wade Simmons, Brian Lopes (2007 World Champ), Jeff Lenosky, John Cowan, etc. All of these are pro riders, better than 99.9999% of us, and they are all over 35 years old. So someone being 22 and thinking he's past his prime, is pretty ridiculous. But for some people, it may be an issue if riders around you quit and you don't like to ride alone or go to group rides where others are much younger than you. But I think mental and physical issues come to play only when you are well past 40, of course assuming you have an athletic and healthy lifestyle.

Edited by mehukatti