Vario Styx

NVWOCI WVS

Frame arrived today from 'Boss', I've always wanted one so i thought I might as well take the oportunity when his came up for sale!

I know opinions are going to be mixed, but I really like them.

It's a short by the way.

Only gay thing is the right hand dropout is majorly cracked and he didn't tell me :angry: but I'll get it welded before I ride!

post-13468-1204050016_thumb.jpg

post-13468-1204050026_thumb.jpg

tom riggs old frame me thinks :D

Yep!

I would hav eben pretty pissed it I got a frame witha crack that size!

I am :angry:

Cant believe people will sell you something and not tell you its cracked. It obvious your going to notice it.

I know, pretty annoyed, dropped him a PM, see what he has to say for himself!

Wow Sam bet that makes a big change.

Not to my liking.

And why the F**k did he not tell you it was cracked ?

What did he say when you said it was ?

I would be so pissed off.

Anyway hope it rides nice and see you at ipswich.

I know, I fancied something abit more newschool, but not a deng-sheep bike!

I don't know why he didn't tell me, but I'll try to get it welded and I only think it's fair he pays for it!

It won't be ready to ride Ipswich this weekend :( Got to find someone who can weld aluminium, I think N&A engineering might do it, if not I'll ask my friend.

tom riggs old frame me thinks :D

Yep!

I would hav eben pretty pissed it I got a frame witha crack that size!

I am :angry:

Cant believe people will sell you something and not tell you its cracked. It obvious your going to notice it.

I know, pretty annoyed, dropped him a PM, see what he has to say for himself!

Wow Sam bet that makes a big change.

Not to my liking.

And why the F**k did he not tell you it was cracked ?

What did he say when you said it was ?

I would be so pissed off.

Anyway hope it rides nice and see you at ipswich.

I know, I fancied something abit more newschool, but not a deng-sheep bike!

I don't know why he didn't tell me, but I'll try to get it welded and I only think it's fair he pays for it!

It won't be ready to ride Ipswich this weekend :( Got to find someone who can weld aluminium, I think N&A engineering might do it, if not I'll ask my friend.

f**k! I ride with Tom all the time, i dont think he knows it was cracked, cause thats the first i've seen of it.

Damn man, i think he'll be preety pissed off.

Yeah, I'm not accusing him of lying because he might have just not noticed it. But it is pretty blatent! and I think it'd only be fair if he sorted it out?

Reeet i understand you are probably pissed and this is the first time i have heard of it.... i checked it over before hand and didn't notice anything, I have a strange feeling it was damaged in transit........ i will fund you the cost of repair........ As for the bolts i totally forgot and will find the right ones ASAP and get em sent off..... very sorry (Bike looks great though (Y) ) Like a fe people have already said.... I am not a fanny and to be honest posting anything about this without hearing my side of the story is quite childish, people on here just f**king slate it was a genuine mistake.... i am willing to redeem you the cost (within reason), i have explained to you in detail that the frame was pretty shagged and you agreed.... the crack was obviously not seen on damaged in transit, i have explained why my head is all over the place and if you just let me know the Damage?? i will compensate you.

Regards

Tom

Reeet i understand you are probably pissed and this is the first time i have heard of it.... i checked it over before hand and didn't notice anything, I have a strange feeling it was damaged in transit........ i will fund you the cost of repair........ As for the bolts i totally forgot and will find the right ones ASAP and get em sent off..... very sorry (Bike looks great though (Y) ) Like a fe people have already said.... I am not a fanny and to be honest posting anything about this without hearing my side of the story is quite childish, people on here just f**king slate it was a genuine mistake.... i am willing to redeem you the cost (within reason), i have explained to you in detail that the frame was pretty shagged and you agreed.... the crack was obviously not seen on damaged in transit, i have explained why my head is all over the place and if you just let me know the Damage?? i will compensate you.

Regards

Tom

You can hardly miss it as when you unbuilt the bike you must of seen it when you undid the wheel bolts, and no way that could of been done in transit. To crack it there would be super hard, even if you could hold the frame at that point with mole grips and lift the bike up it wunt crack i doubt with all the weight and such a big lervage. Even if you cracked it with a hammer pritty hard it still would take a hefty wack to crack. Well really the cost of repair should be a fair lot, as the frame needs welding and heat treating and that isnt cheap. If it isnt heat treated then the frame is weaker around that area due to the heat from welding and will proberly crack after quite awhile as alot of stress go through the frame there from gaps and drops ect

You can hardly miss it as when you unbuilt the bike you must of seen it when you undid the wheel bolts, and no way that could of been done in transit. To crack it there would be super hard, even if you could hold the frame at that point with mole grips and lift the bike up it wunt crack i doubt with all the weight and such a big lervage. Even if you cracked it with a hammer pritty hard it still would take a hefty wack to crack. Well really the cost of repair should be a fair lot, as the frame needs welding and heat treating and that isnt cheap. If it isnt heat treated then the frame is weaker around that area due to the heat from welding and will proberly crack after quite awhile as alot of stress go through the frame there from gaps and drops ect

Mate you don't know what you are talking about....

Anyone could miss a crack there as when i undo the bolts i don't stand SQUARE on.

Plus as Ash said, Tom had just started to ride when he got that frame and he only used it for a short period.

The main point which you have not grasped is that Tom is willing to compensate him, which most people don't do!!

I hope you get this sorted Tom. If you bring it to me i could probs get it welded for free like my Kot, no guarentee though as Sam and I kinda are not talking.......

PEACE!

Neil

Mate you don't know what you are talking about....

Anyone could miss a crack there as when i undo the bolts i don't stand SQUARE on.

Plus as Ash said, Tom had just started to ride when he got that frame and he only used it for a short period.

The main point which you have not grasped is that Tom is willing to compensate him, which most people don't do!!

I hope you get this sorted Tom. If you bring it to me i could probs get it welded for free like my Kot, no guarentee though as Sam and I kinda are not talking.......

PEACE!

Neil

i do no what im talking about andyeah it is possible to miss a crack easy but a crack that big would normally be spotted.

My point is though that he says he will compensate him but it wont be cheap due to a weld will do nothing but weaken the metal and make it last that bit longer.

Arrh well hope things get sorted the lads seems sound saying he will compensate more than most people do although ive had people on here say that but never actually do.

This forum is f**king ridiculous sometimes...... You don't know me FFS i have offered to compensate!!, And yes it is very possible to happen in transit, As for all your hammer shit (JOG ON MATE) You hit anything with a hammer it is gonna, dent, crack, ablitorate it. If the cost of the repair is to high ^^ Hence i would like a qoute, I will do a straight swap back. I really disagree with the way (Samdoman) has gone around this, now i'm being slated...... Not impressed. Why can't people see that i am not sorry as i didn't know it was there and i am willing to pay for the repair!

Now if anyone makes another comment about me or the crack (samdoman loses his nice guy side of me and i will just refuse to pay) Bit harsh but just f**ks me off.

Tom

This forum is f**king ridiculous sometimes...... You don't know me FFS i have offered to compensate!!, And yes it is very possible to happen in transit, As for all your hammer shit (JOG ON MATE) You hit anything with a hammer it is gonna, dent, crack, ablitorate it. If the cost of the repair is to high ^^ Hence i would like a qoute, I will do a straight swap back. I really disagree with the way (Samdoman) has gone around this, now i'm being slated...... Not impressed. Why can't people see that i am not sorry as i didn't know it was there and i am willing to pay for the repair!

Now if anyone makes another comment about me or the crack (samdoman loses his nice guy side of me and i will just refuse to pay) Bit harsh but just f**ks me off.

Tom

well said dude, some times thigns do go way over the top even when the peopel saying it dont even know you.

i have been on 1 ride with you, soton of last year when the black bloke kicked off outside the spar. so i dont really kno you well enuff to comment but i used to work in a bike shop and i know what the transit can be like sometimes and it can be really really bad

x

Edited by stuie

Tom

Its not my frame and cant be bothered to reply what you said and proberly end up argueing, read what i also said that your being sound saying you will compensate him and most people would just ignore the matter till it went away.

Hope things get sorted for you sandoman as its a real nice looking bike, wish id of got one now when i had the chance.