Trials Shops?

Scott Norman

Need we answer this?

Think about the money it costs to set up a business like that, and then to keep it running you need lots of customers. The problem with trials is there are very few riders per city (if any) so it would be almost impossible to set up and run a trials specific shop in every town.

Shop owners choose to open mountain bike or road specific shops because they know the customers are there.

Edited by harmertrials

Trials shops, what, i never knew there were such a thing.

Do you no if any are in essex?

Joe

There are trials shops but just on the internet. what im asking why is there not a place like in every town/city??

Need we answer this?

Think about the money it costs to set up a business like that, and then to keep it running you need lots of customers. The problem with trials is there are very few riders per city (if any) so it would be almost impossible to set up and run a trials specific shop in every town.

Shop owners choose to oppen mountain bike or road specific shops because they know the customers are there.

Verry right.

there are no trials shops beause www.tartybikes.co.uk is all you ever need. with such ace delivery and top quality service you could not ask for more and with better prices than you will ever get in any shop!

Please note, this is not a shameless plug but a very satisfied and impressed user of tartybikes!

how often do you break something when you ride, in the past year i've only broken 2 freewheels, and the tpa on my lever and got a puncture in each wheel, so that averages out at 5 things per year(maybe i'm just lucky), thats less than one thing every 2 months, if there are 20 riders in your town/city and they each break 1 thing evey 2 months, thats still only 10 broken parts each month, which in turn mean 10 sales a month (if they go to the shop and buy the part from there which will be more expensive than online because the costs will have to acocunt for the higher overheads)

i know people would also buy new pars to improve their bike, and maybe it would get more people in that town/city to ride trials, but the costs to rent, run, heat, staff, clean, advertise and stock the shop would mean that in order for the shop keeper to make any profit, or even break even, they would have to sell the products at an extremely high price, however running an internet shop is much cheeper, you can store your parts in a wrehouse that doesn't have to be in the town/city centre, and just post them to customers.

there is a bicycle shop near me that does sell a small range of trials parts, but his sales would come mostly from bmx, road and mountain bikes

the trials market simply isn't big enough.

I just thought I would let you guys know about a little project I am pursuing at the moment. Its called , "Trials Friendly Stores" and I'm currently traveling up and down the country trying to get shops to stock trials parts and accessories as I have had a few people moan about not being able to touch and feel the products or having to wait a few days for the parts to arrive etc.

I have put together a cabinet full of trials parts and currently doing a superb offer price on the parts trying to get shops to take an interest. You will soon be able to access a map of the UK (via a link on here) to show you all the shops that have had the training and have the trials specific cabinet in the store. We currently have 17 shops signed up to the deal at the moment and hoping to triple that by the summer time.

Of course the extent knowledge of the trials specific online shops is indispensable for 80% of the trials market but lets hope we can get trials a little more noticed hey. :)

So if you work in a shop or know a shop that might be interested please either PM me or e-mail me at joe.poyzer@moorelarge.co.uk.

Cheers

I just thought I would let you guys know about a little project I am pursuing at the moment. Its called , "Trials Friendly Stores" and I'm currently traveling up and down the country trying to get shops to stock trials parts and accessories as I have had a few people moan about not being able to touch and feel the products or having to wait a few days for the parts to arrive etc.

I have put together a cabinet full of trials parts and currently doing a superb offer price on the parts trying to get shops to take an interest. You will soon be able to access a map of the UK (via a link on here) to show you all the shops that have had the training and have the trials specific cabinet in the store. We currently have 17 shops signed up to the deal at the moment and hoping to triple that by the summer time.

Of course the extent knowledge of the trials specific online shops is indispensable for 80% of the trials market but lets hope we can get trials a little more noticed hey. :)

So if you work in a shop or know a shop that might be interested please either PM me or e-mail me at joe.poyzer@moorelarge.co.uk.

Cheers

Wheelbase stavely cumbria - biggest bike shop in the uk...

theres a winner for you joe :)