Kieran Whitefield Joins Trials-uk!

Kieran@ZSClothing

wonder how long it is till your back in N/M dave lol

Understand what your on about and agree about the sidehop stuff, but its a tad harsh on the lad isn't it. I am getting bored of the tgs videos that are comeing of late but thats what everyone seems to be loveing lately and bumming so obviously shops are taking advantage of this by sponsoring riders that do the big tgs stuff and not sponsoring the more creative riders as the market is smaller. No need to have ago at the lad for his style and abuse him.

But the serious sponsors your on about are the sponsors that want top level comp riders, and offer a factory sponsorship. Not tgs street riders who get 30% or so off parts.

Seems like i raised a few valid points in my post, the shits and f**ks may not have been neccescery(SP?:S)

Lmao

Look at the BMX approach to riding, i read some of the inteviews in like ride magazine

and it has stuff like,

when im not riding i get pissed, shag things and smoke weed.

trials needs to stop being such a lame sport.

And hes not a trials role model at all

hes nothing

absolutely NOTHING.

i gurantee he brings nothing to the sport what so ever, except another shite video doing some shit bad jock side hops and gaps

YIPPE f**kING DOO DAA, more of that crap, i wish companies would start to sponsor better riders, ones that may contribute to the sport just a little, and dont toss them selfs off every extra inch they sidehop

get the f**k over it

The difference is Dave, whether or not you want to be a Trials Role model, it still isn't regarded as 'cool' an it certainly isn't going to get you any brownie points if you blab about how shit faced you got the other night or how much weed you can smoke before whiteying out. To be blunt, nobody cares an it makes you look like abit of a jeb, which obviously reflects on any sponsor to a certain extent.

As for BMXing, it's a quite a different culture, a fair majority of trials riders are older an gone past that 'smoke weed on the park bench an get pissed on the street corner' where as the majority of BMXers obviously haven't grown up out of that phase because alot of them are still young an they regard it as cool to be rebelious.

Either way you look at it, regardless of being a role model, you can't deny that being a pretentious, self righteous drunk is going to look good for any company that you ride for. That's what I meant anyway.

None of this was aimed at anybody, in particular Lab Rat (I was only defending Alext's remarks in my pevious post). I wish him all the best for '08.

=)

Im usually with you Matt but im not with this one!

Some weekend i get so wasted i can hardly get out of bed let alone ride!

If hes that pissed let him be! He didnt make a massive deal over it so dont either

Best of luck etc. etc.

Lmao

Look at the BMX approach to riding, i read some of the inteviews in like ride magazine

and it has stuff like,

hes nothing

absolutely NOTHING.

i gurantee he brings nothing to the sport what so ever, except another shite video doing some shit bad jock side hops and gaps

YIPPE f**kING DOO DAA, more of that crap, i wish companies would start to sponsor better riders, ones that may contribute to the sport just a little, and dont toss them selfs off every extra inch they sidehop

Every one is aloud there own opinion.

But i think trials need to be seen as more of a funner sport loads of people take it way to seriously.

New vid soon mabie i chould change your mind?

cheers guys..

Lmao

and it has stuff like,

hes nothing

absolutely NOTHING.

Well said Dave.

No offence to you Kieran as you're probably a better rider than me, and this isn't aimed at you just a general observation. But it seems all you need to get sponsored these days is to do a few big sidehops and gaps. What is that going to add to the sport and its reputation/image? Although I'm guessing you just get a discount off retail price? Which I wouldn't really count as sponsorship anyway.

Lmao

and it has stuff like,

hes nothing

absolutely NOTHING.

Haha well in Dave. Trials definitely does have a bit of an image problem..

Personally i dont see why everyone is so bothered its not like most people on here have never been wasted :S

Just because hes sponsored doesnt mean he has to give up everything to ride constantly. I know people would give alot to be sponsored by Trials-Uk, me included, but he shouldnt have to change the way he lives!

why the sudden influx of comments about how he isn't setting a good example?..a t the end of the day he rides well,and publicises his sponsor...hence why they sponsor him, if he wants to get pissed then let him, he's not proud of it and being childish about it or trying to rebel...He's just having a good time and riding well, i persobally dont like all this tgs riding as i find it quite boring and uncreative; however kieran does this style of riding well and as such should be respected not slagged off for having skills on a bike!

Either way you look at it, regardless of being a role model, you can't deny that being a pretentious, self righteous drunk is going to look good for any company that you ride for. That's what I meant anyway.

None of this was aimed at anybody, in particular Lab Rat (I was only defending Alext's remarks in my pevious post). I wish him all the best for '08.

=)

Im usually with you Matt but im not with this one!

Some weekend i get so wasted i can hardly get out of bed let alone ride!

If hes that pissed let him be! He didnt make a massive deal over it so dont either

Best of luck etc. etc.

Oi you bumpilot! You know I don't have a problem with getting stupidly wasted, having a few scraps in the club an then pissing through somone's letterbox (thats what we're doing this weekend right?) I was just pointing out it might not be such a good idea to boast about it if you were sponsored, it's just what I remember from what Joe@Onza said a while back about having riders that are responsible, well respected role models with a good attitude. Obviously everyone's got different opinions on what makes a good attitude for a rider so I guess I'll just leave it there.

Haha well in Dave. Trials definitely does have a bit of an image problem..

Lots of things have an image problem, some can be fixed, but you'll never make trials sexy no matter what. May as well just enjoy the relative obscurity it affords.

Lmao

and it has stuff like,

hes nothing

absolutely NOTHING.

you a tit but i totally agree with that one,

yet another TGS rider, good luck to the lad but its nothing new..

maybe a good video might sway some minds