Cnc Vee Pad Inserts

grant wildman

Ive got some cnc vee pads, plaz crv padsworn and used heavly, that now need replacing .

can you buy just the inserts like for hs33 cnc backings?

if so where from?

and the new neco pads , will they be producing the red compound pads for vee?

any help is greatly welcome!

cheers

grant

Edit; forgot to mention , i run a smooth rim !!! so has to be a pad material the dosent need a grind!!

Edited by prowler in the yard

wicked , cheers for the rapid reply!

will have a look at heatsink now. what compound do they do thats best for a smooth?

how do i get hold of Mr Mike Singleton?

any idea on prices of refills ?

cheers again!

Edited by prowler in the yard

wicked , cheers for the rapid reply!

will have a look at heatsink now. what compound do they do thats best for a smooth?

how do i get hold of Mr Mike Singleton?

any idea on prices of refills ?

cheers again!

PM for Mike I would imagine

Heatsink have the refils online, though reds, one of the best pad compounds available may not be on the site at the mo. They are in stock however, so PM Steve (TF username 'Heatsink') about those. £8 a set if I remember correctly :)

Your all wrong apart from mike singleton (SP?) might be able to help you.

Plaz vee pads use a longer pad so the cnc backings are longer by about 10mm i think to magura pads. So the only way to replace the material with something else is to buy a piece of rubber long enough thats uncut and cut it yourself. Heatsink might be able to sell you some or anyone else that buy in material and sells it. But no shop such as tarty ect will be able to help as plaz dont do refills.

I'm sitting here cutting brake pads as we speak. I can and have made Plaz inserts before, but haven't advertised it on my site as I naturally focus on supporting my own Magura sized backings. I haven't got the refills marked as available for sale on my site at the moment, but this is due to the site being alittle out of date in some places and awaiting the long promised overhaul. Something keeps cropping up!

Feel free to get in touch to discuss any special requirements you might have (Y)

Steve

and the new neco pads , will they be producing the red compound pads for vee?

Yep, we sure will. Just waiting for some final feedback from our riders on the performance and durability of the material and they'll be available to everyone through the site. We've had nothing but good feedback from everyone who's used them though, so it looks to be promising. If you have specific requirements for sizes we can cut them for you too, at no extra charge.

Edited by Krisboats

Some more options: Here's an idea you can try. Magura pads can be fitted into CRV backings as long as you pack out the far ends. Possible DIY job that will be interesting to CRV users.

240-CRV.jpg

This photo shows how I used 3 Magura pads to produce a pair of replenished CRVs!

Steve

Yep, we sure will. Just waiting for some final feedback from our riders on the performance and durability of the material and they'll be available to everyone through the site. We've had nothing but good feedback from everyone who's used them though, so it looks to be promising. If you have specific requirements for sizes we can cut them for you too, at no extra charge.

loverly!

i want some red refills and red hs33 pads! when are they avalible!!!????

also what prices for the vee refills? same as yellow hs33 refills?

Some more options: Here's an idea you can try. Magura pads can be fitted into CRV backings as long as you pack out the far ends. Possible DIY job that will be interesting to CRV users.

240-CRV.jpg

This photo shows how I used 3 Magura pads to produce a pair of replenished CRVs!

Steve

looks like a good temp soloution !

are the reds suited for a smooth rim also steve?

grant

loverly!

i want some red refills and red hs33 pads! when are they avalible!!!????

also what prices for the vee refills? same as yellow hs33 refills?

They'll be commercially availble within the next week or so i'd imagine, although if your wanting some right away i'm sure it won't be a problem to get that done for you. If you'd like to send us an email we can let you know more about it.

Prices will be the same as the yellows for re-fills, yes.

looks like a good temp soloution !

are the reds suited for a smooth rim also steve?

grant

The reds shown above are the ones I've been selling off cheap. They are great for smooth rims but, as is a common problem when looking for suitable Trials compounds, their wear life on grinds is below the standard I think riders will find acceptable.

Good to see plenty of choice around (Y)

Steve

loverly , i think i will be trying pads from both steve and kris !

just glad to see options are avalible !

thanks again to all for a quick reply!

are zoo pads fading out like they did once before??

how come they never made vee pad versions? maybe beacuse the wana promote the ol dengura? who knows.

glad to see more pads for a smooth rim are becoming avalible !

grant

glad to see more pads for a smooth rim are becoming avalible !

Yes, seems to have been more interest and questions about the reds than the yellows. I guess as summer rolls on and the good weather should (hopefully at least) be on the way there'll be a lot of people wanting to prolong their rim life by not running a grind.