Help Please!

vinny.p

Basically im thinking of building up a 24" bmx with some cut-down/shortened suspension forks. I seem to remember seeing a mongoose cruiser with cut down forks being used for street and dirt, but i cant find a picture anywhere.

Basically any help would be greately appreciated.

Cruisers have lower fork legs like you've guessed otherwise it'll feel stupid. It'll probably stress the frame a bit as well.

I honestly can't see why you would want to do it though?

I also can't see what help your looking for?

Try ridestreet forum.

Yeah i know a couple of guys with 24" mtbs with slammed forks, you can get them converted down to about 60mm.

although you can comfortably run a 24" street bike with 100-90mm forks, I'll get a couple of pics later on man.

-Charlie-

cheers that would be good.

Sus forks ruin every 24" bike being used for street. Pure fact. All the Evans dudes come down and ride Southbank on their 26's/24's now, and one guy there's just got a fresh new setup (Black Market frame), and it's super nice, apart from the sus forks. They just feel so bad. There's a massive, massive list of reasons that BMXers don't run sus, and bearing in mind it's BMX everyone's trying to copy, maybe they need to get closer to it :P

Yeah there are now some 24 specifc street frames out the based around 60-80 mm sus or rigids. These frames take alot of bmx components too, i.e. hubs, bb, cranks, seatposts etc. Depending on how street your gunna be rigid is definately an option.

Take a look at www.ridestreet.co.uk/board

I ride park and street now rather than trials.

Any advice just ask.

:D

Rich

Ok then i need some advice, can i pretty much just buy a 24" bmx and then fit some cut down forks on it or will it just bugger everything up?

Any suggestions on what 24" bmx to start with?

Ok then i need some advice, can i pretty much just buy a 24" bmx and then fit some cut down forks on it or will it just bugger everything up?

Any suggestions on what 24" bmx to start with?

you can, my friend had a 24" GT bmx that he did that to, and it was nice. Only he didn't cut down the forks.

You're best buying a 24" street frame that's designed to take suspension though. That way you've got someone to turn to if it breaks.

Try an NS bitch or an NS suburban

not sure if they're 24 though!

you can, my friend had a 24" GT bmx that he did that to, and it was nice. Only he didn't cut down the forks.

You're best buying a 24" street frame that's designed to take suspension though. That way you've got someone to turn to if it breaks.

Try an NS bitch or an NS suburban

not sure if they're 24 though!

Did the head tube snap off, or is it still going strong?

Just out of interest.