Cheapish Holidays

anzo

A friend and myself are looking to go away. Although I've been dumped with the responisbility of organising it all, I've no idea where to start with it.

Obviously, choosing a destination is limited by the cash - we have about £200-400 to spend on the travel and hotel.

My mate is up for somewhere in Spain, and although its probably the easiest place to travel to, its all saming. Don't get me wrong, I do like the country, but its just like going to any city centre on a weekend - full of pissed twats. My mate is trying to suggest one of those club 18-30 things....but to be honest I'd probably end up killing the majority of the club.

So if anyone can suggest any places I would be grateful (and more detail if possible? People, nightlife, weather, cost)?

I went to Spain with the Mrs last year, Cost about £280 each, tha included 7 day pas to Portaventura - Quality Theme park, loads of cool rides, including an 8 loop rollercoaster.

Im like you, dont liek sammy crap, but we went to Salou, which wasnt too bad, plenty of varyied things to do, nice beaches, semi quiet night life, with the loud chavvy bars iof you like that sort of thing.

Also not to far from Barcelona if you want some city action.

Failing that go to Kiev In Ukraine, and get on a day trip to Chernobyl. Thats hopefully my next holiday.

There is a website somewhere that has a photo gallery of the city. It's very creepy.

They've had a bit of a problem with looting in recent years though, since the restriction zones have somewhat become relaxed - and not to mention bribing the police.

It'd be a very good visit, although personally it would make me nervous.

18-30 things..

Missus went on one of those, she absolutley hated it. I dunno whether its because she was a lass, so more likely too be hounded or not but she said the whole thing was crap. The clubs reps where really pushey, the hotels where piss poor because they cram you into the roughest parts of the country so your not going to damage anything half deecent in the city. She came home a week early (like and idiot, she had to pay for the flight aswell. Retard) because it was that poo.

Might be alot different from a lad perspective, all the hot drunkness you could want, for a week, with cheap beer and what not?

Might be alot different from a lad perspective, all the hot drunkness you could want, for a week, with cheap beer and what not?

Meh. I would put up with it if I had to, but its not really my idea of a holiday.

Afterall, 18-30 year olds, drunk, willing to sleep with anything in a shit hole part of the county....sounds like Derby on a Friday night. And that doesn't cost me £280 :)

More ideas?

probably THE most common holiday place of all 18 year old's but Ibiza?

Im staying at http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/costamar/ that gaff and it looks pretty good, theres 27 or something stupid of us booked on for the 15th of July and has cost me £320 including deposit, literally went in on my birthday and arranged the holiday with 2 mates in 15 minutes.

i didn't want to go ~Ibiza originally as i hate the music associated with the place and super clubs etc in general, but it was a case of now or never so i just went ahead with it.

I'm going camping in the Alps for a few weeks in the summer. Should be cheap, just flights or petrol money and camping fees. Havent figured it all out yet but i'll probably just set off when i get a few weeks off with a few mates in the car.

Would also recommend Ibiza, if you stay away from San Antonio its a really nice place. I stayed in Playa Den Bossa right on Bora Bora beach and it was great. I'm not a massive fan of dance music but the day long parties out side our hotel were awesome.

Amsterdam?

Also been suggested by a friend. I really don't see any point. No point travelling somewhere to do something I can do in the UK - legal or not theres a slim chance of getting caught.

Has anyone been to Thailand?

Edited by anzo

Yeah i've been to Thailand. It's bloody amazing. The islands are probably the best places to go, Koh Phangan and Koh Toa are the ones i liked best. Koh Toa was really chilled out, nothing much happening apart from scub diving and sitting in reggae huts all day. Koh Phangan is bigger and more lively, its also the place where the full moon parties are at. On Phangan we were staying in a beach hut for 80p a night. It was right on the front of the beach and there were only about 6 other people there, that was in December time though so it'll be more expensive and busy in summer.

Bangkok is cool too, plenty of decent nightclubs and bars. Red light district is pretty sweet too. I was paying £8 a night on the road just behind Koasan Road which is the busy backpacking place.

So yeah, Thailand rocks!