What Glue? To Use For Sticking Pads In

0zzy

what glue should i use to stick my new neco reds in (cheers kris) ? and what should i use to cut them as they dont fit my powerpad backings correctly a stanley knife of what?

Cyanoacrylate (superglue) will hold them in and a good sharp stanley knife will cut them :)

Degrease the pads and backings beforehand for better sticking, a little lubricant on the blade will help it cut, pretty sure washing up liquid is good enough.

what glue should i use to stick my new neco reds in (cheers kris) ? and what should i use to cut them as they dont fit my powerpad backings correctly a stanley knife of what?

They're cut to fit powerpad backings perfectly. You'll need to sort of wiggle the lead edge into them, then slide it up into the end of the pad then proceed to clamp the other end with your fingers/pliers etc. Its a semi-tight fit, but that's what it needs... there's more of a chance of them falling out if you take any more off them.

Standard super glue will be fine so long as it has Cyanoacrylate written on it, i have some loctite glue here with the precision nozzle malarkey and its got Cyanoacrylate written on the back.

ok im going to go up to the local d.i.y shop now and go and get some is just any superglue fine ?

They're cut to fit powerpad backings perfectly. You'll need to sort of wiggle the lead edge into them, then slide it up into the end of the pad then proceed to clamp the other end with your fingers/pliers etc. Its a semi-tight fit, but that's what it needs... there's more of a chance of them falling out if you take any more off them.

Standard super glue will be fine so long as it has Cyanoacrylate written on it, i have some loctite glue here with the precision nozzle malarkey and its got Cyanoacrylate written on the back.

i had to cut a tiny bit out kris, first signs look good. cheers mate (Y)

Generally any cyanoacrylate will work but I would get hold of some loctite preferably as its good stuff. I would avoid superglue in a little metal tube as its usually shite, if its in a rigid plastic bottle then it will last longer without going off :)

aroldite ***... still need to butcher my pads to fit my heatsink backings aha.

will that work ? because my local diy shops not open for a few days or something and my mates got some he would let me use.

will that work ? because my local diy shops not open for a few days or something and my mates got some he would let me use.

Of course you can use mine if you want, but surely superglue would work better/be easier :S

are you using the pads on a smooth rim? tell me what theyre like after youve used them for a lil while as im interested in getting some.

yes mate i will be running them on a smooth rim, be riding with them tomorow, give them a good testing ;)

not in my cnc maggie backings no,i havent had any problems either with the pad material coming out at all.

If your heavy though the edges of the pads sometimes lift up and it causes the corners to wear faster. Ideally just a drop of superglue at each end of the cnc backings is perfect, easy to remove and they don't come out of their own accord.

If your heavy though the edges of the pads sometimes lift up and it causes the corners to wear faster. Ideally just a drop of superglue at each end of the cnc backings is perfect, easy to remove and they don't come out of their own accord.

fair comment,i'll glue when i next need new pads .could you not get a lift today to brum?it wasnt all that good really,the riding was ace but we constantly got moved on everywhere we went (N)

steve

fair comment,i'll glue when i next need new pads .could you not get a lift today to brum?it wasnt all that good really,the riding was ace but we constantly got moved on everywhere we went (N)

steve

We were stripping flipps frame the night before and we ran out of nitromors so the frame wasn't finished until the afternoon on the saturday after we'd been to wilkinsons and lacquered it all up again.