Sam Jones

Dates  

59 members have voted

1. 1. When can you make it?

• 31st May
    • 1st June
    • 7th June
    • 8th June

if you are on about the football pitch next to it, then maybe. I spoke to the school today and they wont do it as the insurance we would get with the school does not cover this sort of event. I'm going to be writing a formal letter to Abingdon United. if we don't get their again after i write an apologie then i'll write to the council and see if they would reply back in time.

if you are on about the football pitch next to it, then maybe. I spoke to the school today and they wont do it as the insurance we would get with the school does not cover this sort of event. I'm going to be writing a formal letter to Abingdon United. if we don't get their again after i write an apologie then i'll write to the council and see if they would reply back in time.

Bummer.

Maybe the field next to the leisure center? Where the proposed trials park would go.

If abingdon united say no I'm going to petrol-bomb them :lol:

Bummer.

Maybe the field next to the leisure center? Where the proposed trials park would go.

Thats where I meant. Or theres that Radley place which is where I think you thought I ment.

Not surprised about school to be honest always up tight.

How about charging people a 'voluntary' few £ to attend and giving the money to some charity, in DJ's name?

It might support your trying to convince the football club (let them choose the charity?) to allow the ride but I also think raising some money for such a thing would be a good way to honour somebody whom I remember as being a kind and caring individual.

Just a suggestion anyhow.

I've gotta be honest, from my experience of riding on them, cars aren't really much fun to ride on, and don't really offer as much potential for messing around with as a stack of pallets or whatever. I know pallets aren't super exciting, but at the same time, every time I've been to the DJ ride, people have made fun little obstacles and stuff from moving them around, making stuff higher, making other stuff lower, making gaps bigger, etc. - whereas with a car, it's just a car.

I'll try and get my sorry arse up if this kicks off anyway!

I think it was Prawn (?) Driving across the pitch and a few people driving a little bit silly :(

Yeh, but he didn't exactly do it on purpose! As soon as he noticed he came straight off and went the proper way.

Shame, is a good day, want to come along just to say hi to all really, hope can sort something. :)