My Homemade Frame

NVWOCI WVS

One think ive noticed is, that if you look at alot of the double disk frames now, they all seem to have like a brace from the chainstay to the seatstay, I guess this would be to stop the pressure from the rear disk ?

I'll use the kot to show you what i mean...

I might be talking complete bolloks, but im sure i read somewere that it reduces flex and strenghens the frame...?

But I really like that, looks extremly good, nice colour choice and components :)

Is the cable routed through the frame ....:|

post-14034-1207756545_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking about riding it in Ipswich on Sunday to give it a test, it would be great if some people wanted to come and give it a hammering/evaluate it for me? I need to get some photos of other people riding it too for my coursework to say it's been tested!

Up for that i rekon (Y)

Have you got my number?

i deleted your's when i got my new phone :)

call andy, gayray, Shaun, martin?

It will deffo crack on the chainstay with no brace so might be worth seeing if you can put one in if your contemplateing riding the frame for quite a while.

Looks really good though and the geo isnt to bad either.

Even if he did that, he still can't use a big tyre on the back. :(

Even if he did that, he still can't use a big tyre on the back. :(

It's really annoying, running a 2.1 and clearence is pretty minimal, but it's grippy enough for street and it's definitely rideable. No signs of cracks yet, check out the riding phootos (Y)

i must say, good effort. must be something real special if you designed and manufactured yourself!

i wouldn't even care if it rides shit/heavy (though the geo sounds great (Y)), the point is you went through plenty of time and effort on this and i reckon you deserve a round of applause!

so..what is the weight? :shifty:

steve

i must say, good effort. must be something real special if you designed and manufactured yourself!

i wouldn't even care if it rides shit/heavy (though the geo sounds great (Y)), the point is you went through plenty of time and effort on this and i reckon you deserve a round of applause!

so..what is the weight? :shifty:

steve

Heavy.

but rideable, it was fun to ride on school property and not get told off :P

it feel's lush on the backwheel (Y)

(i rode it today)

Thats impressive.. Looks good! How long did it take from when you first started designing to when you finished it?

From getting the tubing to finishing the paint job, about 5 weeks worth of tech lessons and a few hours worth of free periods, about 30ish hours in total