New Bb7 Is There Any Way To Reduce Flex

Lewis T-REX

Hey

i have just got my new bb7 and every one told me this before that they flex but i got it at a cheap price. so i waked it on there right theres a fair bit of flex but i have herd people have found ways to reduce it.

does any one know what to do? i run it on a hope Xc hub and onza smart guy forks

Cheers Lewis

get some loctite on all of the bolts!!!! my bb7 kept coming loose and that was the problem. same with my front wheel bolts, i was doing some fancy tricks the other day and my wheel just fell off!! so yeah get some loctite and dont overtightn the bolts.

Get a speed dial 7 lever, one with a tpa and twist it all the way in and that can help abit!

Twisting it all the way in makes it spongier.

Need to have it twisted all the way out ;)

The best way to make your brake feel stiffer would be a decent lever and decent cable (such as odysey linear slik cable).

Have you set it up correctly? So that the stationary pad is rubbing the disc slightly and the moving pad is a few mm away?

Because if the stationary pad is away from the disc, the moving pad has to push the rotor over for the brake to lock properly.

Also are the pads hitting straight? If they're not then you need to undo the two bolts holding the caliper onto the adapter, then tighten in the red nob on the outside of the caliper (one furthest from the wheel) till both pads are against the disc. Then tighten up the two bolts and undo the red knob a few turns.

I haven't really explained very well but you should get the idea?

If you pull the lever really tight and lock the brake as much as you can then zip tie the lever to the bars in that position and leave it for an hour or so that streches the cable and stops the lever feeling spongy. Hope that helped some

thats a good tip,im gonna do my vee and bb7 now (Y)

If you pull the lever really tight and lock the brake as much as you can then zip tie the lever to the bars in that position and leave it for an hour or so that streches the cable and stops the lever feeling spongy. Hope that helped some

I doubt it would make a remarkable difference to be honest.

I've used cable thats 6 months old and my brake still felt as spongy when I put new inner cable on.