Best Brake ?

0zzy

im after the best pad + grind combo it can go from smooth right up to harsh if it will work amazingly. i am cureently running neco reds on a smooth rim, with no booster on my t-pro frame its pretty darn good,

but after seeing dave kerrs brake not slip at all on saturday and mine slip like 3-4 times just pedal kicking along not even doing anything has wanted me to change,

i will be putting the necos on the front most likely and running a new set up on the back, so tell me your best combos, i was thinking of koxx brownss with a medium grind but i mite be persuaded over wise by peoples opions on that.

thanks in advance ozzy.

Koxx browns have been the best pads for me, I've not tried every pad out there though. Got no complaints about koxx browns on a grind though.

thats what i want to hear, by the sounds of it im guna order them tomrow, just gota wait to see if there any different pads whcih are better. on tarty it says medium grind but can any one recomend me a better grind to run it on. ? if there are any that is..........

Edited by 0zzy

thats what i want to hear, by the sounds of it im guna order them tomrow, just gota wait to see if there any different pads whcih are better. on tarty it says medium grind but can any one recomend me a better grind to run it on. ? if there are any that is..........

I'm using Koxx browns In metal backings right now on a medium grind. They're pretty good on there. So if you set them up square an flat they will be good enough.

on tarty it says medium grind but can any one recomend me a better grind to run it on. ?

a gnarly grind :rolleyes: i have koxx browns on a very harsh grind ages ago and it was lush.

now-a-days i like cnc heatsink red on a light / medium grind ,these pads have a very good range of performance,they have work very well from harsh grind down to dead grinds.there has been one thing with heatsink that has confused me ,i have had three pairs and run them on identicla grinds across several rims but i found that one of the pair wheren't as good as the others :blink: has anyone else had this problem?

Now I don't grind my rims and haven't used hydrolic rim brakes in a long time, but in my opinion surely the combination is dependent on your weight. I mean, I don't mean to brag, but I have a fat ass, and if I went back to rim brakes I'd probably go with a heavy grind and tough pads, just for durability. The question is, rather than the best brake/rim combo, how fat is your ass? :P Perhaps Psychologist could help me out here, he has a wealth of useless info in relation to how to work combinations out. But, I'd guess medium grind with a medium to hard brake block would suit most riders around.

Now I don't grind my rims and haven't used hydrolic rim brakes in a long time, but in my opinion surely the combination is dependent on your weight. I mean, I don't mean to brag, but I have a fat ass, and if I went back to rim brakes I'd probably go with a heavy grind and tough pads, just for durability. The question is, rather than the best brake/rim combo, how fat is your ass? :P Perhaps Psychologist could help me out here, he has a wealth of useless info in relation to how to work combinations out. But, I'd guess medium grind with a medium to hard brake block would suit most riders around.

i weigh 8 stone :)