Pro-tec Helmets

thewoomaster

That Pro-Tec you've got a pic of up there in the white/black finish isn't "The" Pro-Tec that everyone wears/wants. The Pro-Tec you're after is the Bucky Lasek sig one (white shell, red straps). Has the dual-density foam, not the harder shell. The old style Pro-Tecs were made illegal to sell, but that was just 'cos they needlessly changed the regulations. They're basically BMX rider's helmet of choice, and I've never really seen anyone have any head injuries when wearing one. They're still legal elsewhere in the world, just not in the UK, so they can't be that bad. They fit a shiiiiiitload better than any other piss-pots out. If you search for them, you'll find a link somewhere 'cos this topic came up recently and some dude found a UK skate shop that had them in stock.

I dont know where to get them anymore but the view i always had about mine was - It protected me enough for trials riding falls.. ie back of the head stuff and just protection from maybe sharp rocks with the hard shell. It fits perfectly, its not a one hit wonder, and it looks good. The only thing about it is its less likely to save you if you smash into a car ....