What Are The Best Pads?

At the moment i'm running rock blues, but i fancy a change

just wondering what people would reccomend, and what they think are the best

i need something that will work well with a light grind

anyone got any suggestions?

thanks

nathan

Edited by nathan_swindon

Im using heatsink cnc reds on a light (I think) grind, its not particularly sharp though and going a bit dull because of the tryall cheese aluminium :D

Bite and hold are good, with a proper grind (I held the grinder at the wrong angle >_< ) the bite would be better.

Tested in the rain this evening and they seemed to hold aswell, not quite such positive bite though.

Have a trawl through the pad reviews thread and make your won mind up :)

Hello,

I have always used plazmatic yellow on my front brake without a grind, never gave me any trouble all though they do not work very well in the rain i found. I have recently changed my front brake to a disc (Avid BB7) has given no problems come rain or shine.

On my back brake (Magura HS33) i have found that koxx bloxx browns with a light grind has always worked well for me in all weather. i did use rock pads blues for a while but did not find them as effective as the koxx bloxx browns.

I also think that brake pads are personal prefrence to how the individual likes to have there brake set up.

larry

At the moment i'm running rock blues, but i fancy a change

just wondering what people would reccomend, and what they think are the best

i need something that will work well with a light grind

anyone got any suggestions?

thanks

nathan

Hello.

I have used both of these pads in the past and in my opion I have to say that the Koxx brown pads are better.

They have better hold but not as much bite,I dont really mind about this but other people may do,The noise isnt deathing either.

Koxx pads gave me aload of convidence to go bigger on drop gaps etc.

Hope this infomation helps.

Plaz CRM/ CRV- dry weather/ summer

Defo!

CRM's for maguras, or CRV's for v-brakes.

There amazing on a light, all the way down to a dead grind (mines on a dead atm, and its outstanding).

Defenatly recomend them - there much better than the Zoo!, Atomz, and Neco Reds that I've tryed (all on smooth).

Defo!

CRM's for maguras, or CRV's for v-brakes.

There amazing on a light, all the way down to a dead grind (mines on a dead atm, and its outstanding).

Defenatly recomend them - there much better than the Zoo!, Atomz, and Neco Reds that I've tryed (all on smooth).

lol since when your crvs are pretty shite to be honest on a dead. neco pads are shit loads better :)

lol since when your crvs are pretty shite to be honest on a dead. neco pads are shit loads better :)

Na, they're amazing now - after I properly alligned the pads, and fiddled with the spring tension (v's still confuse me)