Not Locking

freetrials661

I've never found U brakes to be any good. My mate had one on his bmx, and he had a pretty decent set up, wasn't that great. Slowed him down and stopped him, but nothing more.

What's your set up?

I've never found U brakes to be any good. My mate had one on his bmx, and he had a pretty decent set up, wasn't that great. Slowed him down and stopped him, but nothing more.

What's your set up?

U-Brakes arn't very good at all :angry: I have a diamondback bmx, and I use it for street stuff, but if you want to do hops or something, the brake barely does anything. I don't want to run a U-Brake but its the only mount it has :(

Edited by freetrials661

my u brake is freaking awesome....its all down to setup, cheap components don't help as well as the obvious poor setup. i run a dirty harry lever, linear slick cable and some oddy evo calipers with no troubles, they are coupled up with spanish fly pads on a chrome rim, the brakes a little too good :P u brakes will never be good enough for trials, but bmx doesn't really require that kind of power, modulation is the key

as for setup, i suggest searching on the net for some good advice with photos, i can do a quick how to if you really want with photos, but not tonight...

O.K., I have a U-brake on one of my bikes, but no matter how hard I pull the lever, it dosn't lock, and thats pretty bad for hopping. Any suggestions? Tar? hairspray?

Thanks, Brad

I can't believe u even considered using a U brake for trials!! mad men

My friends bro has a BMX that he bought and never really used. The tires are about 2psi at the moment and it has a U-brake and I love it. I can hop around on that about as well as I can with my Magura on rear. It is a cheap set up but for some reason just works really, really well. I say just keep fiddling around till it works. I say this but you probably will need to use two fingers on the brake instead of one.

If its on a bmx just re set it up, eventualy you will learn how to use the brake to your advantage. When i first got my BMX i hated not having a brake which instantly locked but ive learnt when to use it and where to put my weight, eg tire tap, my brake used to slip but i learnt about crank pressure and body position and can now hold them forever.

Edited by ocirderf