You What?

sexymike

it is considering Linford christie was doing around 10seconds 100m (i think it was possibly a bit earlier) and rally drivers like carlos sainz (only retired a couple of years ago) was winning world championship events against some drivers of today.

Its so bad its great!

just watching some Section 7 stuff.

Awesome! I prob watched that vid 100 times back in the day.

i really miss the days of revolution, evolve, tricks and stunts etc.

What's scary, is looking at the standard of that, isn't far off some the riders on here who have been at it for 3 months...

Thing is though give them a 16" cannondale with old school tyres see how they get on :D totally different ball game i reckon.

one of my mates stuck an el gato on the back the other day just to see how it was and he was struggling big time, and that was a damn good tyre only few years ago. the new super grippy tyres make soooooooo much difference let alone the new bikes.

anyone got any hans rey footage? What was the how to video they did? now that was immense on the GT zaskar. wat a legend. (Y)

Awesome! I prob watched that vid 100 times back in the day.

Thing is though give them a 16" cannondale with old school tyres see how they get on :D totally different ball game i reckon.

one of my mates stuck an el gato on the back the other day just to see how it was and he was struggling big time, and that was a damn good tyre only few years ago. the new super grippy tyres make soooooooo much difference let alone the new bikes.

anyone got any hans rey footage? What was the how to video they did? now that was immense on the GT zaskar. wat a legend. (Y)

Which is the video where he "dents it in, with his ass!"?

But I agree, it was a LOT harder back then, not only in terms of bikes (I used a 16" Univega Alpina 530 XC bike..) but also in terms of learning material.

Christ, I'd forgotten how much I'd watched that... I wanted* one of those baggy Volvo Cannondale tops so badly, the team only ones with VOLVO in huge letters down the sleeves.

I bought Chainspotting on DVD recently, found out a friend of mine can still recite half the dialogue from memory, and realised how great a video can be with great production values and relatively small riding.

* I still really want one of those tops.

But I agree, it was a LOT harder back then, not only in terms of bikes (I used a 16" Univega Alpina 530 XC bike..) but also in terms of learning material.

Thats Evolve

Yeah I think Reed Merschat (sp) went on to film mostly rock climbing and rallying.

Id love a 16" Cannondale... I remember last year's DJ ride in Abingdon, somebody turned up on a proper Beast of the East Ashton replica, immaculate condition cos he hadn't ridden it since passing his driving test haha! Dunno who he was though :unsure:

NO WAY (rey?) I had a univega alpina 510.. must be a PROPER rare bike, ive never seen another one before or since..