David Blaine Held His Breath For 17 Min!

Boswell

surely thats not technically possible? Wouldn't he be brain dead

I'm not sure how long you can anaerobically supply oxygen to muscles and organs, but i'm guessing its around 17 minutes :P

I know its supposed to be around 3 minutes for lack of blood flow to the head, after that your brain dies of oxygen starvation.

I wonder what exactly was in that oxegen tank that he was first breathing from.

Pure Oxygen.

And all the previous world record breath holding atempts have been allowed to inhale pure oxygen for up to 4 minutes before hand.

Pure Oxygen.

And all the previous world record breath holding atempts have been allowed to inhale pure oxygen for up to 4 minutes before hand.

Really? I thought pure oxygen was lethal.

That means that he has 5 times the amount of oxygen in his lungs. I can hold my breath for around 120 seconds. Does that means i could do it for 10 mins?

Really? I thought pure oxygen was lethal.

That means that he has 5 times the amount of oxygen in his lungs. I can hold my breath for around 120 seconds. Does that means i could do it for 10 mins?

Yeah, your right, pure oxygen isn't too good for the human body.

Pure Oxygen.

yes pure oxygen is poisonous believe it or not.dont actually know how serious it affects though.

itll be greater oxygen content then normal air id imagine, just to give him the little extra.

and what was with irregular heartbeat at the end? just the no oxygen supplied??

yes pure oxygen is poisonous believe it or not.dont actually know how serious it affects though.

itll be greater oxygen content then normal air id imagine, just to give him the little extra.

and what was with irregular heartbeat at the end? just the no oxygen supplied??

Yeah, something like that.