Brake Opinion

km.trials

personal opinion for me is a magura hs33 on the back, and an avid bb7 on the front i run my hs33 with a medium grind and brown koxx blocks.

i never have problems with brake slips or anything. not even in th wet. my tyres fail before my breaks... lol

as i said its all personal preference though.

Actually, come to think of it, im needing brake advice aswell. I want to use discs front and rear on my Base Bikes frame. Are Avid Juicy 5's any good for trials or would i have to use Hope Mono trials brakes?

Believe BB7s are better suited for trials than the juicies, could be wrong though :)

Personally I use a 203 mono trial up front and an RB/hs33 with cnc heatsinks on the back.

yeah i run a 203mm bb7 on the front and a hs33 on the rear. hs33 with no grind and standard pads. yeah they do slip sometimes. as for the bb7...works a treat. the other day i did a front-rear landing, my rotor bolts loosened cos of all the force and then the tyre gave way leaving my shins shredded on the pedals. also my hs33 is lazy but its too complex for my to bother fixing.

i am currently running a HS33 on the rear with a medium grind on the rim AND a HS11 on the front with no grind

(did have the HS11 on the rear and a disc on the front but prefer the dual maggy to be honest)

Jon

As for me,rear Magura and front bb7(i am waiting in the moment)..... There are many things that you have to pay attention-for example your weight and style of riding......technique is very important too. And 'bout the pads - you have to choose yourself,because will you ride on grind or on tar??? I'm very pleased riding on Echo pads with tar....But my dream is Rock Blue(Green) or Heatsink coust CNC

Edited by Sasha W.

Most people will say Magura HS33 and i agree 100%,

Dual setup a medium grind on the rear rim, with either citrus pads or plasmatics a bit pricey but well worth it.

Or an XTR V brake on the front, a bit 'old school' but if it's setup right, it never fails. (even in wet).

If you dont mind working a little.

Avid Ultimate vee

Red Heatsink CNC pads with a light grind and some tar (or medium no tar for wet)

Nokon sleeved housing

teflon coated cable

Dangerboy anodized lever

Best brake system ever but finding parts for the ultimates is a bitch. cant go wrong with HS33s though.