B2b Or Not 2b That Is The Question................

robster

Here is Robbie's new bike for you lot to paw over.

It is a modified Bionic B2B supplied by Fred Savage

He has not ridden it in anger as yet.

post-8069-1212701249_thumb.jpg

post-8069-1212701260_thumb.jpg

post-8069-1212701272_thumb.jpg

post-8069-1212701297_thumb.jpg

post-8069-1212701308_thumb.jpg

post-8069-1212701342_thumb.jpg

post-8069-1212701350_thumb.jpg

post-8069-1212701359_thumb.jpg

post-8069-1212701366_thumb.jpg

post-8069-1212701373_thumb.jpg

hurry up dad i want a go!!!!!!!!!

post-8069-1212703656_thumb.jpg

I have been a busy boy on the old Bridgeport milling machine at work drilling this and that.

Drilled forks

drilled front Try all rim

All cable hangers removed and hoses run through frame

rear drop outs shortened

all bash equipment removed

various holes drilled in frame

white duct tape instead of rim tape.

I am not sure of it's exact weight but Rob says it feels as light as his old Hydroxx, so that is good news.

Fred savage has supplied us with the Frame and bits many of which he is promoting in the UK.

I am happy for anyone to have ago and see what they think of it. We will be at the 2 day Tyke trial next week.

I am happy to say that heatsink are supplying the rear braking power with the addition of some CNC backings and some red pads so i will keep you posted with how that is going.

I would like to thank Fred and Ben savage for helping us out over the last few years and supplying the bits for this latest project. I would also like to thank Steve at Heatsink for the advise and parts (when they land) for the rear brake.

I hope you all like it, not sure about the colour of the pedals but what the hell they will be scratched soon enough. They are welgos magnesium, they are sooooo smooth.

We will be out training this weekend so I will get some shots of it in action.

Thanks for looking.

John

OOOps sorry can you move it to bike pics 1 too many stellas sorry

post-8069-1212701331_thumb.jpg

Edited by robster

Whoa, whoa, whoa - drilled forks? I take it you just mean the two holes on the crown?

Looks like you\'ve drilled through half the weld on the inside of the BB yoke/chainstay join too, I\'d be watching that for cracks...

Whoa, whoa, whoa - drilled forks? I take it you just mean the two holes on the crown?

Looks like you\'ve drilled through half the weld on the inside of the BB yoke/chainstay join too, I\'d be watching that for cracks...

Yeh should be ok for Rob he is only a light weight.

Please can some body move this topic to bike pics. i put it in the wrong place.

Sorry.

John

Well as you will be able to tell from my sig i hate rear disks so nice to see hes on a rear magura. But have you thought about getting him a decent vee set up as seeing as hes a young one a maggie may feel hard to pull in and give him arm pump problems? with the vee you can tune it to have ultra light feel and heatsink do the adaptors and pads. Send us a pm if you want some advice on vee equipemnt if you fancy it.

Really like the look of it might have to have a bash at the 2 dayer on it.

You not fancy going that bit further to get it down in weight i see you havnt sqaured the rim holes out.

just out of curiosity how long did it take to get the hose through the frameeeeeee?

Looks sickk!

It was easy just threaded it through.

thanks for the positive replies.

Rob has been doing some curb stuff and ha loves it so far.

JP

Your LBS has exactly the same Rockman rotors for half the price of tarty? Or different rotors?

im sure i seen the rockman there and a few other, in the book yea think they were around £12-15 cant remember but ll have a look next time im in there

Yes Ash 4 years at college wasn't wasted after all ;)

I have just received some gear from Steve at heatsink.

Steve will be running a piece for his web site a soon as we can get together and sort it out,

Nice shiny new cnc backings with red pads.

rob seems very happy with the performance of them so far I will keep you posted on how it all goes.

Thanks Steve i really appreciate your help. i will get some pics of the set up as soon as I can...but damn they look good.

Thanks again,

John.

Edited by robster