Canadian F1 Grand Prix At Montreal

Rusevelt

Well what can one say about this race. lewis started on pole, comfortably lead the race for a number of laps, pitted during a safety car incident and crashed onto another car exiting the pit road :o . either lewis didn't look at what was in front of him >_< , forgot his car had brakes :S , or was just plain dumb :lol: . bizzare end.

As much as I like lewis, it was his error.

Yes it was his error but McLaren should've been on the radio when he was in his box telling him that the pack were coming round and that he'd more than likely have to stop at the end of the pit lane to allow the procession to pass... But yeah, bit of a numpty moment from Lewis!

The worst bit is that Lewis recieves a 10 place grid penalty at Magny Cours yet Raikonnen got away with what happened at Monaco to with Sutil! Thats not on! Typical Ferrari mafia behind it.

Edited by walker

The worst bit is that Lewis recieves a 10 place grid penalty at Magny Cours yet Raikonnen got away with what happened at Monaco to with Sutil! Thats not on! Typical Ferarri mafia behind it.

Normally i'd be the first to agree with you regarding the whole FIA/Ferrari thing. Raikonnen lost control on a wet track, Lewis ran into the back of a staionary car at 50mph lol. Slight difference.

It's amazing how different a race is without Ferrari and Mclaren dominating it. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole thing. I probably would have switched off if Hamilton continued to lead.

Oh and does anyone else think Hamilton is getting a bit big for his boots? I thought he came across as quite arrogant in his post crash interview. He made a comment about cruising home for an easy win, I know he was faster but did he miss the bit where both Raikonnen and Kubica jumped him in the pitstop?

it may have come across as a bit arrogant, but then he's the best driver round that track by far, no one else seems to be able to match him on precision tracks that are surrounded by concrete walls.

The worst bit is that Lewis recieves a 10 place grid penalty at Magny Cours yet Raikonnen got away with what happened at Monaco to with Sutil! Thats not on! Typical Ferarri mafia behind it.

it's hardly the same! Raikonenonenanenonan was involved in a racing incident in the wet. Lewis was clearly trying to change a Cd or type a text message.

Great to see alonso crash out thoguh. Not for any other other reason than it proves the lack of traction control. Much more kudos for the drivers now their feet are in charge of rear grip once again.

it may have come across as a bit arrogant, but then he's the best driver round that track by far, no one else seems to be able to match him on precision tracks that are surrounded by concrete walls.

He's good but I wouldn't say the best. Running into the back of a stationary car kind of proves that lol. I reckon he has also got the best car in the pitlane which helps, although the Ferrari's and now the BMW's too aren't far off.

Edited by tipsy Jock

Great to see alonso crash out thoguh. Not for any other other reason than it proves the lack of traction control. Much more kudos for the drivers now their feet are in charge of rear grip once again.

I think that was more than the wicked track than alonso's foot control specially seein as he's prob one of the better drivers

i know, but the traction control would have noticed the wheel spinning up at the first instance and retarded the ignition and stopped that spin.

The fact that they don't have this margin for error really puts the skill back into the driving. He is one of the better drivers yes, but he's also been in it a long time and had traction control for his whole F1 career. He's been able to plant the throttle knowing the traction control will step in if he presses the right buttons on the wheel to set it to.

The newer drivers have had less time to forget what life was like before traction control, and could have a benefit here. My bet is, by the end of the year, the newer lads will be much higher up in the standings than rookies and newb are usually.

Alonso also has a bit of a habit of getting iratic when under pressure, just think of all the bodged starts last year in a bid to get in front of Lewis. Interestingly he was also one of the main complainers about the track condition. He does like a good grumble! lol

i thought Bernie Ecclestone's comments in the pre-race interview with Martin Brundle were amusing, simply stating that the track conditions will be the same for every driver and that drivers hit the wall anyway and that the breaking up of the track would not make any difference. You probably had to hear the interview to find it funny.

i thought Bernie Ecclestone's comments in the pre-race interview with Martin Brundle were amusing, simply stating that the track conditions will be the same for every driver and that drivers hit the wall anyway and that the breaking up of the track would not make any difference. You probably had to hear the interview to find it funny.

The guy is a complete twunt. I can't stand him and what he is doing to the sport.