24uk In Washington State, Usa

Heatsink

Hi,

I was very pleased to receive photos of a 24UK Mk2 build today. This is a bike built up by Thomas Magee in Leavenworth, Washington State, USA, to the following spec:

Fork: Pashley/Leeson from Mr. Heatsink

Headset: FSA The Pig

Stem: 70mmx20degrees (out of the parts bin)

Handlebar: 28” with 3” rise (new but really cheap)

Grips: BMX style

Brakes: Avid SD7 V-brakes with Heatsink CNC backings and pads

BB: 68x113 square taper

Crank set: Truvative 175mm arms, 22t chainring with BlackSpire GrannyGod bash ring

Pedals: Odyssey triple cage (cheap)

Seat: Sella Italia

Front wheel: Rhyno Light rim (29mm), AtomLab bolt on hub and a 2.3 "Kenda K-Rad tire

Rear wheel:Alex DM24 rim (32mm), Hadley 72 p.o.e. through bolt hub, Kenda Kinetics Stick E 2.6 tireRear Mech: Shimano 105 road short cage with six speeds (mix and match)

Rear Mech shifter: old Suntour friction shifter (new but cheap)

Those forks are specials where the Vee bosses were rewelded 1" lower by Clive Leeson. Forks owned by me for quite a while and I wasn't sure if I should let them go. Great to see them being put to good use again!

Some further information from Thomas:

I've always felt that personal health shouldn't be sacrificed along the way (during life). I used to do a lot of rock climbing and hiking. But I trashed out my knees and was practically unable to walk. So I was fortunate to have both knees completely replaced. It was bike riding that kept me going. Now my legs are my best part, so I am really enjoying learning a new way to use my body and stay in shape.

Just so you can know me a little better: I'm now age 70, obviously a novice rider, and I do wear my pads!

Thomas, you're an inspiration to us all!

post-201-1216412933_thumb.jpg

post-201-1216412986_thumb.jpg

post-201-1216413067_thumb.jpg

post-201-1216413115_thumb.jpg

Steve