The Movie Thread

Boswell

I thought Drillbit Taylor was pretty good! Also watched Kung Fu Panda and that's wicked. Street Kings was pretty decent, and Be Kind Rewind had it's funny moments if you're into Jack Black or Mos Def. Death Sentence is an alright watch too.

Saw the advert and it looked a bit over the top to me? Like it was trying too hard for laughs? :huh:

Its just the fact that 90% of the humour is just perverse and that's right up my street. The fact that it's the last character you would think a white guy could pull off and since he's so ridiculous and over the top it works so well.

I dunno, the storyline is pretty cack but the humour makes up for it perfectly. Don't watch it as a film, watch it for constant giggles.

One of my fave's has to be The Machinist. Awesome.

I caught a bit of that on film 4 the other day, it went straight on my list of films to watch. I don't get how Christian Bale is so skinny in that film yet so big in Batman though, it really shows his commitment to his roles.

I saw The Dark Knight last night. I'm not usually a fan of Batman films due to the lack of plot in recent films, apart from Batman Begins, where: Batman does his thing- bad guy comes along- bad guy steals love interest and threatens to damage Gotham in one way or another- Batman beats bad guy. However I thoroughly enjoyed this one and I am thinking of going to watch it again.

Heath Ledger's performance was amazing, its such a shame to see talent like that gone :(

Edited by Mat Tea Why

I caught a bit of that on film 4 the other day, it went straight on my list of films to watch. I don't get how Christian Bale is so skinny in that film yet so big in Batman though

Apparently he went on a huge diet for The Machinist - like to the limit before it was health threatening!

There's dedication and there's madness, I think he's got a bit of both :)

It is a superb film though.

Also, check out Cidade de Deus (City of God) - It's all subtitled, but is really really good film. Subtitles don't put off most people though, only kids or those with IQ's similar to cucumbers haha

Apparently he went on a huge diet for The Machinist - like to the limit before it was health threatening!

There's dedication and there's madness, I think he's got a bit of both :)

It is a superb film though.

Also, check out Cidade de Deus (City of God) - It's all subtitled, but is really really good film. Subtitles don't put off most people though, only kids or those with IQ's similar to cucumbers haha

The Machinist is f**king awesome. Yeah he lost shit loads of weight for it then bulked up like f**k for Batman!!

City of God is well good too, love watching that.

Batman is aweeesome, anyone else think the main girl who batman was fighting over was fugly?

And Wall-E/ Kung Fu Panda, there good but there just not that funny, maybe not my type of humour.

Ever thought that it might be because them films are aimed at young children? :giggle: