Eno Freewheels

Abdab

Personally i would go for the profile. i find them so much more reliable than freewheels. i trust them more as well.

The enos are Good and worth there money as long as you give them a service. But id put my money on profile. Keep it lubed and itl be mint. have'nt had any troubles with my Profile. Only my old one which was probably like 3+ years old.

Profile for the better option

(in my eyes)

Eno for the cheaper option.

Probably not any help haha.

P.s you starting riding again ?

For performance and maintance yes (Y) but strictly performance purposes no, as there are some equally performing freewheels out on the market for less. Monty 221 TI, Viz Seventy Two, and World Cat freewheel all perform equally for less money.

Edited by Rusevelt

Hmm, not sure I'd agree with that. I trust Enos much more than virtually any other freewheel out there. Only one (as far as I know?) which is sealed bearing, which means a more solidly based driveshell. The driveshell itself is thicker than any other freewheel. The pawls are made better than any other freewheel, meaning they're a much better fit in the ratchet reducing slippage. They're just a quality item, pretty much. They're not cheap, but again, you get what you pay for. Just service them (Thread in the FAQ/Wiki) after the first week or two and you should be fine (Y)

Eno would be the better option, won't have to rebuild your wheel for it either.

Very user friendly and servicable, mine skipped everynow and again but what freewheel doesn't?

Althought saying that, I'm currently running a Try all (my Eno was damaged in the attempt to remove it from my cranks), which performance wise is lots better than the Eno that I had (Hasn't skipped in the 10 months of owning it), but I still have the doubt in the back of my mind that if it screws up, I can do nothing but buy a new freewheel.

An Eno however, take it apart and check what your problem is.

Eno would get my vote. (Y)

Anyone here tried and tested WorldCat freewheels, since they are the latest 72click freewheels to appear on the market? my Eno's have slipped a few times when i really jump on the pedals.

Look inside it and see why then. Mine only skipped very early on when I had it and it was bedding in - after that, it was fine.

EDIT: Make sure you carefully check the tips of the pawls too - they can lose the sharpness of the edge of them (Which often leaves little bits of metal floating about there f**kin' shit up), and that can lead to them skipping.

My eno's not done much wrong.

Today I caught an odd sound coming from the drivetrain, but if it was the freewheel, it didn't skip by much at all.

I trust mine a lot. The tensile one, however, is also very solid.

The try-all one might be worth looking into because they're designed with trials in mind, and have more EPs. Really nice sounding, They feel solid too, but I've not ridden one much, it's on my mate's bike.

I've had both ENO and a profile, i loved my profile. Pretty much fit and forget, didn't skip once. Felt much more solid than any freewheel and you could roll sooo much better.

Personally i would go for the profile. i find them so much more reliable than freewheels. i trust them more as well.

The enos are Good and worth there money as long as you give them a service. But id put my money on profile. Keep it lubed and itl be mint. have'nt had any troubles with my Profile. Only my old one which was probably like 3+ years old.

Profile for the better option

(in my eyes)

Eno for the cheaper option.

Probably not any help haha.

P.s you starting riding again ?

Riding a while, just not been on here or much mate. Some opportunities came up and now back taking this business serious :)

I mean I've had a profile, as well as a Chris King. They were both pretty much perfect but I just thought I'd try out a freewheel, and ENO pretty much came to mind first.

But like you said I do trust profiles etc more as well at the moment. But that's probably just because I haven't ran one of these freewheels.

Eno would be the better option, won't have to rebuild your wheel for it either.

Very user friendly and servicable, mine skipped everynow and again but what freewheel doesn't?

Althought saying that, I'm currently running a Try all (my Eno was damaged in the attempt to remove it from my cranks), which performance wise is lots better than the Eno that I had (Hasn't skipped in the 10 months of owning it), but I still have the doubt in the back of my mind that if it screws up, I can do nothing but buy a new freewheel.

An Eno however, take it apart and check what your problem is.

Eno would get my vote. (Y)

I was thinking about getting a Try All freewheel, thy look pretty cool. Shit load of engagements as well, so pretty much worth the money!

So basically I just need to service these things every now and again and they'll be perfect !

Any one recommend some good fixed hubs?

Thanks a lot for help peeps

Dab

Edited by Abdab

abdab dont be daft just get a king you plonker!!! days you ridin then honey?

Haha...Sort something out some yer. I'll come up Nott's eventually for a ride. Heard theirs some drop gaps there soooo ;)

Kings a shit load a money and I feel like running freewheel for time being ! :D

hmmm i break shit alot, and have mashed enos loads..

also had a tensile for a while which skipped a few times..

iv got a try-all now and have had for like 6 months, and hasnt skipped ONCE...

its the only thing on my bike that i cant break lol

the bizzilion ep's feel nice aswel lol

i run a zoo fixed hub... seems pretty sturdy but havnt tried any other fixed hubs so cant really give a review lol

I ran a Tensile freewheel for time Abdab. Never gave me any trouble what so ever. 60 Engagement points and like £38. f**king amazing value.

Sounds good. May invest. Looking at Try All mainly but tensile... hmmmmm lol :P

Edited by Abdab

I've had mine since December 2006, it's been rebuilt twice, once was because I rode a really wet and muddy trial and it started making grinding noises. :P

It's skipped about 4 times in total, and not once since I rebuilt it the first time and cleaned all the old grease out, the springs were covered in it.

hey. ide go for the try-all free wheel if i was you. I have one and it is amazing, more engagement points than you will ever need. and its only skipped once and that was in the first week of having it because it hadn't bedded in properly yet.

i would also recommend a viz fixed hub as Ive got one of those as well and they spin for ages and it feels as sturdy as can be. :)

i don't know if this is of any help to you, but i hope it is :D

Sean.