Trials-uk

grant_hundley

tnh ive just recently had some problems with dan ko about refils for my cnc backings it took him 2 weeks to send that and he sent the wrong pads but BUT he is a busy man and if it was easy to run a nation wide company then every one would be doing it. dan x

It isn't easy. That's the whole point. If you want to do it well, you have to actually give a shit about stuff like despatch times and customer service, and you have to actually put in work. That's why Tarty are so well respected, and the reason people are getting pissed off with Trials-UK.

i understand but still i say again its going to be hard when your doing it on your own , ive missed two days of work to wait for a tarty order because they didnt send off my stuff for next day delivery but they made up for that by letting me have free next day postage on the next time i order so maybe if dan ko wasnt so busy he could sort out the problems its not that he doesnt give a shit , and if it is wel hes doing a good job at it but cut him a bit of slack

Yeah, but what I'm getting at is that if he knew he was particularly busy at that time, or he was 'ill', then why would you promise to send a product off in time, then send off a different product to what was requested 2 days late?

This topic makes no sense to me...

I once rode for trials uk, goods got to me everyday he promised them me, before 12 delivery.

Also when I was with select bikes I used dan for some service and again delivery was spot on. I imagen with your particular order things just got about rushed.

Ive known Dan along time now and hes a good lad, busy, but a good lad. He often doeesnt reply on Trials Uk assistant because of the amount of orders he has to serve. But he does his best to reply to them. Like I said hes always been there for me, advising me on stuff and when hell be receiving deliveries etc...

Thing is youve got to respect Dan because hes running Trials Uk as far as I am aware of, maybe the odd help off Chai? But Tarty has himself and co workers, thts why service is always spot on. Well most of time.

Once I ordered off tarty and I made a mistake, and dave made te mistake of taking 2 lots of 1200 out of my account. So the transaction didnt work. Its human error. But your guna be f**ked off because its your bike etc...

But im sure Dan didnt do anything intentionally. Trials Uk offers good customer service for riders and customers, in a professional but good manner.

Tarty do update there sit like you said, but like I said, Dans got aload of other shit to think about as well.

You pay for the parts but as far as Im awear the postage isnt guarntee? is that right? I work part time in a call centre for IKEA and thats how we work, I mean once the goods have been passed over from Dan to parcel force, if theres been a delay its not Dans fault.

Ive emailed Dan and didnt get a reply but Im not moaning, its an email. Think abut it. If we want to help Dan improve his customer service then this isnt the way.

I think people are sort of jsut used to TartyBikes been spot on so theyve tryed somewhere abit newer and 1 mistake happens and youve gotten extremly fustrated. I understand that and i would be too. Topic was last thing you could try to get in touch with Dan so you did it, just think you set it up in wrong manner.

Grant Hudley? Are you the person I sold my GU 26" to?

But as far as I go, stop the pittyness and ge along. Got a problem with Dan talk to him as a friend and ask him or direct him where he could improve. E.g Website updates etc...

HOWEVER

Trials Uk has always been great for me, sending me what i want for when i want. Good customer service and happy customr overall (Y):)

I don't know why people are still ordering from TUK, Tarty is better in every possible way.

Trials Uk is a major up coming company? Look where it was 2 years ago for example?

Thing is youve got to respect Dan because hes running Trials Uk as far as I am aware of, maybe the odd help off Chai? But Tarty has himself and co workers, thts why service is always spot on.

That hasn't always been the case though, in that it used to just be Adam and Dave, starting from scratch with their OWN money getting a business up and running? That deserves more respect from me, to be honest.

I once rode for trials uk, goods got to me everyday he promised them me, before 12 delivery.You pay for the parts but as far as Im awear the postage isnt guarntee? is that right? I work part time in a call centre for IKEA and thats how we work, I mean once the goods have been passed over from Dan to parcel force, if theres been a delay its not Dans fault.

He didn't send them out on Wednesday, he sent them on Friday, which isn't anything to do with the courier at all?

But as far as I go, stop the pittyness and ge along. Got a problem with Dan talk to him as a friend and ask him or direct him where he could improve. E.g Website updates etc...

He's not replying to (certain...) e-mails or phone-calls, which is why this thread was made.

I once rode for trials uk, goods got to me everyday he promised them me, before 12 delivery...

Trials Uk has always been great for me, sending me what i want for when i want. Good customer service and happy customr overall (Y):)

Probably linked? :P

But yeah, it just really f**ks me off when mail-orders dick around. I've had it happen to me so many times before with people like Winstanleys and Alans (And even Chainreaction a couple of times), and it's f**king infuriating when you order a part and it's supposed to be there next day but either doesn't show up at all, or the wrong product shows up, and so on. I guess this has been accentuated as well with knowing the guys and the behind the scenes work down at Pijin more, but comparing companies like Pijin and Tartybikes who really put in effort to try and help out their customers and pretty much just do the right thing (i.e. communicate with customers and the like) to companies like Winstanleys who don't bother telling you if stuff's out of stock or being at all helpful to you, even having taken your money, it's just a piss-take. If people think they can get away with stuff like that, as Winstanleys clearly do, then it's just going to happen more often. If people making a lot of threads about Trials-UK not giving them great service makes Dan change the way he operates, then that's a good thing, surely?

i know he's busy etc. he knows hes busy too, so why does he say he'll send my order out when he cant or wont.

also, what excuse is there for him deciding to change my order of plaz crv's to heatsink yellows cus he didnt have any crv's and that he thinks they are the same compound. he shouldnt be able to decide that.

and there was no delay with royal mail delivering, he said to me himself he sent them on the friday when they should have been sent wednesday.

he also said he sent them first class (not signed for) even though i payed for signed for delivery (even have it on my receipt)

and he did change my order on purpose, not human error etc. because why would he make an excuse why he changed my order if it was an error.

no you didnt sell your gu to me :P

If people making a lot of threads about Trials-UK not giving them great service makes Dan change the way he operates, then that's a good thing, surely?

Yer that is a good point. Just bit of a shit way to go about it. But its completly understandable maybe with these circumstances if Dan wasn't available to get to the phone.

I suppose Dan promised something he shouldn't have but he just may have done it thinking yer I can get these out, but something occured and lead to your products been delayed.

Im just trying to defend Dan because he does offer good customer service (Y) And Trials Uk is a major cmpany. And maybe this topic can be abit off putting. But i dont really see why Dan should suffer in the long run when id say, maybe 90% of the tie he gets the goods out?

Right?

And o to the Parcel Force thing...

Has anyone actually managed to speak to Dan about this, anyone been Grant I mean.

And ok, just thought you may have bought it, sorry lol

whats good customer services then?

and i dont quite get what you mean about the parcel force thing, it was royal mail btw..

i know he sent them out friday (or even later, dont actually know the exact date till i recieve the parcel) and that ash had a parcel that was attempted to be delivered at his house.

10% of orders being sent out late, or wrong parts sent isnt good in the slightest.

Getting parts out to customers and stuff on time, which has been everytie for myself and local riders. And sorry about the Parcel Force thing, thats the corriour we use at work lol So its sort of sank in. But royal mail (Y)

And I dont know actual statistics of orders been sent out on time, I'm just imagening that a high percentage like in the 90's are perfect...

I don't know why people are still ordering from TUK, Tarty is better in every possible way.

I've never had any problems with T-Uk and would order from them sooner than Tarty any day of the week, thats not a stab at tarty atall, just personally prefer T-Uk considering all the shit he gets he deserves a chance, i've made many orders and never had 1 of them go wrong apart from a bleed kit which took 2 days longer to come than expected, which tbf was heatsinks fault apposed to Dans and he kept me VERY informed, E-mailed me every day to let me know what was happening and often spoke to me on msn. Just seems like a decent chap to me and until he manages to severely f**k up an order for me i will continue to order from him.

I've never had a problem with Dan either,

He's always a sound guy when I ride with him.

Whenever I've ordered something from him it's always been delivered on time.

I admit, he could post up on his site about possible delays.

So that's something he could work on.

But there was no use in posting up a topic on here just to argue about it, because let's face it, that was your only intention.

i wasnt intending on arguing at all..

i tried ringing and emailing dan for 5 days now.

whenever there is an issue with trials-uk, if you post a topic it gets sorted. that was why i posted up this topic.

and to let people know about this order. just like the feedback system on this forum, to let others know how i got on with trials-uk....

Its Not just parts taking a long time to come its parts being delivered that are different to the ones ordered without being notified that they are so

All that I think that needs to be done is a little more communication between customers and Dan, And if he was is ill he could of stated so on his sight and stated that orders may take longer to come. and he would be unable to answer calls etc.

So if outstanding/slow/incorect orders are reduced by this topic then I say good. Topic did what it was ment to do.

And I dont think Grant is trying to "Have a go" I think he is just trying to voice what has happend and it turns out a number of people (not all) have had similar experiences with lak of communication between them and dan.

so I supose its left up to dan realy.

Cheers John...

Edited by JohnBanks

Thing is youve got to respect Dan because hes running Trials Uk as far as I am aware of, maybe the odd help off Chai? But Tarty has himself and co workers, thts why service is always spot on. Well most of time.

Whats Chai got to do with anything? Chai rides for him... he's not payed a wage by them, why on earth should he help?

Yea ok, he's a 1 man business, hes been ill, too ill to reach his phone or acess e-mails... (seeing as i was online the day after a massive opperation i doubt that he's too ill to put up his laptop) (and travel to his warehouse to meet someone else). Ok yea he may not employ someone else so he keeps the biggest wedge to himself but your all paying the price.

I'm sure a few of the threads your taking about were one's of mine bitching about Dan, (which was perhaps slightly childish and harsh looking back on it) But if you buy things from him what do you expect? The only way to not end up in threads like this is to stop buying from him... which supprisingly enough i did ages ago

if only tarty did free postage

Whats Chai got to do with anything? Chai rides for him... he's not payed a wage by them, why on earth should he help?

Yea ok, he's a 1 man business, hes been ill, too ill to reach his phone or acess e-mails... (seeing as i was online the day after a massive opperation i doubt that he's too ill to put up his laptop) (and travel to his warehouse to meet someone else). Ok yea he may not employ someone else so he keeps the biggest wedge to himself but your all paying the price.

I'm sure a few of the threads your taking about were one's of mine bitching about Dan, (which was perhaps slightly childish and harsh looking back on it) But if you buy things from him what do you expect? The only way to not end up in threads like this is to stop buying from him... which supprisingly enough i did ages ago

if only tarty did free postage

thing is, he wasnt too ill to go on his computer, as he was online on the forum 2 days ago....

Dan work's really hard to please and sometimes his order's will take longer but dan does offer a great service, free wheel builds for example where tarty only knock a fiver off if you buy all the gear of them, tartyies service is better but they have three guy's on hand most of the time, where dan has to take the order's payment, packing, wheel building, spraying ( if you want it ). But at the end of the day dan does his best to help END OF

Dan work's really hard to please and sometimes his order's will take longer but dan does offer a great service, free wheel builds for example where tarty only knock a fiver off if you buy all the gear of them, tartyies service is better but they have three guy's on hand most of the time, where dan has to take the order's payment, packing, wheel building, spraying ( if you want it ). But at the end of the day dan does his best to help END OF

that doesnt make it ok though.

Obviously if tarty has two or three people working for them, its because the amount of orders going through the company is higher than that of other companies.

I doubt that T-UK has the same number of customers going through the books as tarty...in fact i reckon that each member of staff at tarty has to deal with the same amount of stuff that dan at t-uk does.

that doesnt make it ok though.

who said it did im just saying dan has to deal with a lot for one bloke

Obviously if tarty has two or three people working for them, its because the amount of orders going through the company is higher than that of other companies.

I doubt that T-UK has the same number of customers going through the books as tarty...in fact i reckon that each member of staff at tarty has to deal with the same amount of stuff that dan at t-uk does.

yea but at the bottom of a form it show's different members do different jobs yes? not 100% on that :glare: where dan has to do that stuff all on his own!

Edited by jsy trials matt

who said it did im just saying dan has to deal with a lot for one bloke

yea but at the bottom of a form it show's different members do different jobs yes? not 100% on that :glare: where dan has to do that stuff all on his own!

so people keep saying. It doesnt justify dan apparant service problems! If he wants to improve his service, im sure he could employ another person like tarty does. I imagine that tarty adams personal profit isnt as great as dans, purely because he has to employ other people.

I have only dealt with Dan once, when I was working for him, but he sent my payment on time and it came the next day. He's always been cool to me, that's all I'm gonna say on this matter.

I think he gets a lot of shit, and yeah, some of it is justified, like Grants for example, but a lot of people jump on the hatewagon and slate him for no reason, which is kinda outta line. I'm not tied down to Tarty or T-UK, whichever has the stuff I want for cheapest, I'll buy from.