Trials-uk

grant_hundley

right i placed an order on tuesday 29th of july....

some anaversairy plaz pads, plaz crv pads and some maggie bolts.

i asked dan on msn to check if he has all those in stock, he said he did. i asked if he'd be able to send the pads out on wednesday, he said he will deffinitly.

because i was leaving for holiday on wednesday night, i got him to send the pads to ash kennards house.

turns out dan gets confused between tuesday and friday.... when i rang him up on the saturday, i asked if my order had been sent out, he said he sent it on friday and that the plaz crv's were 'faulty' so he put some heatsink yellows in instead (because he thinks they are the same compound).

now cus he lied about sending them on the day he did, they didnt get to ash's house before ash went away for a week or so, so ash didnt manage to get my order for me.. because the post office depot had the parcel for a while without anyone collecting it they sent it back to dan (yeah i know thats not his fault they did that, but if he sent it when he said he did they wouldnt have sent it back)

now for 5 days i've been trying to get in contact with dan so i can get the order redelivered, but he doesnt answer his phone, he doesnt reply to emails and hes not on 'trials uk live assistant' (his msn).

so i thought i'd post up here because he always sorts things out asap when a topic is made :)

oh yeah, if you were to order of trials-uk, when you finally receive the order, make sure the parts havnt been used at all. I've seen him send off some slightly used coust pads to a customer (for full price) because 'they looked new'

great service from trials-uk

my mate was waiting atleast 3 week for his frame and when he order forks at the same time they didnt come till yesterday.. he paid for them to be cut and dan said he would send urbans.. he got lites and not even cut :S

hes a decent guy and a busy man, cut him some slack.

been trying to phone him for the past 5 days ringing every hour or so, off my number, house number and with holding my number.

cant be that busy.

oh and it was meant to be sent first class recorded but he said he just sent it first class...

Edited by Grant-Hundley

Dan Ko isnt doing to well now is he! seen a few threads the same about T-Uk... Its not nice to see but if hes gonna mess people around then its surely deserved! Ill admit i have been messed about before through trials uk... and i no a few other local riders have been!

Will RANT more later!

x

Past few days Dan has been ill, so thats the reason he hasnt been able to answer his phone!

Its a one man business, so Grant, lay off a little bit, i can see your not too happy, but surely you can understand its hard and human error occurs when you are running a busy one man business!

And after goig down to Dans place todaym i realised how much work he is doing to the warehouse and shop, which may be another reason for the delay!

Try ringing him again, and cut him some slack! He tries hard and i know there are alot of people who are very happy with his service (including me), but we only ever hear of the bad things that happen!

I can see your annoyed Grant, but surely you can see it must be hard for him!

Owen

Sounds like Dan needs to get a youngster to come and trade time for parts. Some help seems to be in order. Perhaps the local riders who apreciate his service to the industry would like to have a bike business apprenticeship program. Just a random idea... :giggle:

Sounds like Dan needs to get a youngster to come and trade time for parts. Some help seems to be in order. Perhaps the local riders who apreciate his service to the industry would like to have a bike business apprenticeship program. Just a random idea... :giggle:

Now thats a very good random idea!

Would be a good idea as it seems alot of people arent satisfied with his service...

Its understandable now with the different trials shops competing with each other it is gonna be hard especially if dan is a one man army

Lets just hope everything sorts itself out in the not to distant future!

Dan is really busy all the time. On the rare occasion I catch Dan, he is rushing about with deliveries and customer orders. If he has been ill, thats gonna sting him hugely and will effect his business on a whole.

It is unfortunate Grant, that you didn't get your pads, but maybe you should have given more time before you went away. I've made the same mistake with orders for parts before from various companies. I've left it late and a couple of days before needing something for a demo/comp, I make an order with which ever company has what I want in stock and order it, in hope that I'l get it in time.

Dan is under alot of pressure at the moment, particularly with his new warehouse and trying to get a shop up and running.

I've not seen him online at all this week, so I imagine he's probably been in bed all week away from communication and resting.

As for it coming across like trials-uk is useless, well thats only going on whats been said on the forum and from word of mouth, which will all be bad experience's. I bet none of you ever mention to a friend what good service you recieved from anywhere, when you have bought products.

People are always quick to spread bad news, but good news is hard to come by.

Way of the world!!!!!

As for it coming across like trials-uk is useless, well thats only going on whats been said on the forum and from word of mouth, which will all be bad experience's. I bet none of you ever mention to a friend what good service you recieved from anywhere, when you have bought products.

People are always quick to spread bad news, but good news is hard to come by.

Way of the world!!!!!

Agreed... But I'm yet to see a bad word said about Tarty, and few problems with Select. Not one dealer has had as much bad press as T-UK has, for whatever reason.

My one order to T-UK went relitively smoothly, but maybe if Dan is having a hard time keeping customers happy he should employ a helper to bring better service to those who pay his bills....

He is absolutely useless. My mate ordered some stuff over the phone, and sent Dan round while he was on the phone to check it was in stock, because he needed it before christmas. About a week after christmas, he rang again to find out what was going on and Dan said the stuff wasn't in stock after all. So he just didn't send it out.

I will never order anything from him, Tarty have never sent anything to me that hasn't arrived the next day, been perfectly packaged or been exactly what I ordered. Even Supercycles manage to get everything out within a day or two, and they are running a bike company at the same time!

I rarely hear about Trials-UK when someone has been complimenting him, I met a guy recently that knew him pretty well and had ridden with him quite a lot, and even he said he is a great guy, but is useless when it comes to running a business.