New Echo Parts

AdamR28

I wonder if the sales of drills and related items will drop significantly in the UK now Echo have released the 'pre-drilled' SL range?

maybe go up - as people realise they should have been drilling their cranks all this time ... :huh:

Impressed with this new stuff!

One thing thats puzzling me though - 12mm axle diameter? Its mentioned quite a lot on the echo website (talking about the hubs and tensioner)

Does this mean all the hubs will have 12mm axels rather than the standard 10mm? So the forks will be cut to fit etc etc meaning that you couldn't use other components with echo ones? I.e. Hope hub with Echo forks

Horizontal dropouts. Thank God for that!

Not too sure on the tensioning system... If brake mount threads on previous threads are anything to go by. Can always helicoil it though I suppose. Looks mint otherwise, as long as its not flexy.

Want to see the zoo frames!!

The new Echo Control 09!, can we run a Pro II hub with the tensioning bolts in the frame? Wont the axle threads be crushed by the tensioning bolt? Or do we need to have an echo hub? Like with the Atomz new frame.

Edited by Nathan Coward

It's an M6 thread, as opposed to M5 on brake mounts. If anyone strips that thread I will personally go round to their house and sellotape ham onto their fists :)

So, is that a prize or punishment? :giggle:

Imagine that on a ride... 'Yeah, tarty came round the other day' 'Oh did he? What one earth for?' 'Wanted to sellotape ham to my fists' 'Oh right.'

The new Echo Control 09!, can we run a Pro II hub with the tensioning bolts in the frame? Wont the axle threads be crushed by the tensioning bolt?

Yeah, you can run it like that. I very much doubt the tensioning bolts would damage the thread on the axle bolt, but even if they did a little, it's outside the hub so this wouldn't affect the internal thread on the hub's axle.

So, is that a prize or punishment? :giggle:

Punishment :P