Hs-33 Problem!

Dannoo

Ok here we go..

I use a magura hs33 rear brake and have copy-pasted the following from their website/pdf/manual.

"They system is correctly bled when the pads move immediately upon

activating the lever-blade."

My master cylinder/pad moves as soon as i touch the lever, while the slave cylinder/pad starts moving only after pressing almost half the way down towards the handlebar. :( After last nights ride I noticed a big difference in braking power, and feeling, since the pads dont move and touch the rim simultanously.

Is this a "bleeding" problem, air between master and slave? which can easily be fixed by re-bleeding it? Or could it be something else?

I have been riding for 16 months or so without re-bleeding it.. :o and Im thinking that now might be a good time to try. :)

Please let me know if you have any ideas!

//Daniel

if it worries you that much, take off the wheel and pads, hold a finger on 1 slave and pull the lever, the opposite slave piston will then come out quite far. Spray some silicone spray on the piston and release the lever. Give the lever a few pulls to let the oil work in and repeat on the other side. This should free the pistons up a bit if they have gotten a little sticky

if it worries you that much, take off the wheel and pads, hold a finger on 1 slave and pull the lever, the opposite slave piston will then come out quite far. Spray some silicone spray on the piston and release the lever. Give the lever a few pulls to let the oil work in and repeat on the other side. This should free the pistons up a bit if they have gotten a little sticky

Yea try this.

I hate when people say this man, but you really should try using the search option. There have been so many threads like this youll be sure to find an answer somewhere. (Y)

Like in the FAQs lazy pistons

Edited by Ross McArthur