Mods Easy To Ride ?

Balthazor

Hi all, ok so ive been watching tones of trials vids recently and for some reason i seem to think mods are easy to ride.

I,m not sure if its because the mod vids ive watched have great riders or that mods are indeed easy to ride, but as ive never rode a mod i can only assume from what ive watched.

So could someone who has rode mods tell me if they are or arent easy to ride thanks.

They are far easier to do chilled out mess around 'fly about' riding. I mean, they are very very flickable generally, compared to 26". But for that, you lack leverage and power in a lot of cases.

Depends entirely on your personal technique and geometry of bike set up. Esp. bar and stem. (and frame of course).

But since, comparatively you are lower to the ground, psycologically it might be harder to get up onto bigger walls for moves that aren't called sidehops.

Try a friend's one out and see if i you like

Mods are good for just throwing them about and the like - they feel a lot more responsive and your riding can be a lot more spontaneous as a result. Hoooooooooowever, with stocks, you can get away with so much more stuff. Like landing with your back wheel way too low on taps and gaps and the like, simply because the wheels are bigger. I rode mod, and had a quick go on a friend's stock. Decided to try a 48" tap, got it a bit wrong and only did a really gentle tap and the back wheel didn't get to the right point on the edge. However, his brake was good, and it just held there even though I was there in the tap tuck position thinking "Oh noes!" then realised it actually worked on. Similarly, with gaps, you can come up what feels like a little short, and they just generally hold. Stocks are also a touch easier for getting up bigger stuff, just because tapping is a lot easier and more effective on them, and taps = destined to greatness, pretty much. There's also a bit more room to manoeuvre on hooks too.