09 Python

Damon W

I quite like it :$

Its not really a python, he shouldn't have labeled it as one really. It needs somebody to ride it who isn't expecting a traditional barge-like python. I can't really comment on the headangle/reach side of them, because I haven't ridden mods seriously enough to notice stuff like that. If I was buying a mod, I'd probably buy that frame.

What are the benefits of a 71d headangle? Easier to ride down a slope without flipping over?.. and not endoing-to-death as easily? You can kinda counter that already by having a high front end

Front wheel-wise, it seems like a major drawback. Hopefully it'll have positive outcomes on the rest of the feel.

It's alright, I still much prefer it to the look of the 07 Python.

Also do remember, the paper measurements aren't final.... When i had a '1005' short Python 2005, the wheelbase was actually about 1030mm and stays about 370 rather than the 362 it was said to be... and also for the long Pythons i've ridden the geo was more like 1060mm and 380mm everytime, rather than 1045 and 375...

I would not be surprised one bit if someone bought this Python and measured its wheelbase at 1030-1040, with stays reaching around 370mm.

no ur jus an idiot trying to act clever. im sure nobody but u wud hav a problem witht her bein 2 topics, i never sed it was complicated did i? i jus dnt thing like u maybe wud? problem?

ye ur funnny, real funny, hope i see you on a ride sumtime :)

back to the topic then :)

roflllll...

Roid rage to f**k Damon :P haha kidden!

Pythons nice (Y)

Edited by Abdab

Rigt i havn't been in the trials game long and i dont get how 1D would make so much of difference ?

I think it looks like a kids bike way way to short.

You joined here in April this year, how is that a long time? The difference between 71 and 72 is pretty big when you actually try them out.

You joined here in April this year, how is that a long time? The difference between 71 and 72 is pretty big when you actually try them out.

He said he hadn't been here long ;)

But yeah, there's a fair difference. Maybe 72-72.5 wouldn't bee too noticable, but to drop it right down to 71, along with a short wheelbase and the reach gets slaughtered

ZOO! Python, with SL parts.

Right? :huh:

Probably because SL is the only complete group at the moment :P

If Tarty's info is correct, this is a good example to demonstrate how the head tube angle affects reach.

Wheelbase: 1085mm

Head Angle: 72.5 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 670mm

Wheelbase: 1080mm

Head Angle: 70.5 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 640mm

Both frames have the same rise and CS length. Despite the 1st frame having a 5mm longer wheelbase, it has 30mm more reach.

Rigt i havn't been in the trials game long and i dont get how 1D would make so much of difference ?

I think it looks like a kids bike way way to short.

Well if you don't understand it, shut up about it until you know what your on about. It looks no more like a kids bike than any other f**king mod.

Wheelbase: 1085mm

Head Angle: 72.5 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 670mm

Wheelbase: 1080mm

Head Angle: 70.5 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 640mm

You need to factor in things like head tube length and BB rise, but 1 degree head angle difference = 10mm reach difference if everything else is the same.

Python looks good, decent geo, woo!