Us Election

monkeyseemonkeydo

Who will win?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to win the US election?

• Obama
    • McCain

Well finally they're about to get rid of that retard Bush so what are people's thoughts on the matter? Personally I would rather see Obama up there but that's only because of McCain's 'right hand woman'. I don't know much about McCain and equally I know nothing about who is Obama's version of Palin but anyone who believes in creationism and is too dense to realise the French president wouldn't phone her out of the blue to tell her he 'loves what she's doing' really, really shouldn't be allowed an ounce of power...

Also, horrible as it sounds, if Obama does get into power how long before someone takes a pop at him? I can see a lot of Americans being really unhappy about having a black president.

Also, horrible as it sounds, if Obama does get into power how long before someone takes a pop at him? I can see a lot of Americans being really unhappy about having a black president.

Mcain will die quite soon as hes so old so palin will end up as the president, and as you say someone will proberly take a pop at obama so what people are voting for really is which vice president they think is better.

So although i don't know much about obama's vice I also think obama should win as I don't think palin should be given any power

I don't think palin should be given any power

Watched an interesting vid yesterday of an interview with [retard voice]Matt Damon[/retard voice] where he totally slated her and expected her to start banning/burning science books etc if she became president. Funnily enough my thoughts on Matt were quite a bit higher of him after watching that...

I hope it's Obama, because McCain has no idea about the economy, and has admitted it.

It's all well and good going to war, unless you are going into recession.

End of the day, only reason Obama will get into office is because he's black, and the only reason McCain will get in is because he is a ex-PoW redneck. :rolleyes:

Obama will win I think. However I'm really discusted about how people in every discussion have brought his skin colour into it... everyone justs looking at the outside. On the inside Obama is superior, he's great on chat shows, takes a lighter line on abortion, tighter laws on guns, not going to jump into a war with a big bore shotgun, he just seems like a really nice bloke and plans to sort out the economy,

Then you have McCain an ex war hero and a woman who belives that to protect USA you have the biggest armoury and innialate anyone who stands in your way.

The only reason I'm standing on the fence is precisley for that reason though ^^^ most Americans are christians tight on abortion, and love shooting the shit out of anyone and anything... shame...

If Obama wins it will only be black people voting for him because he is black, black power blah blah blah

I dont know why im ranting

Having a black president will be good for America.

Alternatively, it could be bad for Barack Obama.

Yeah, exactly. There's still a big racial problem around. People are overly sensitive and pay too much attention to race, this must change. A black president could help a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if Obama won and ended up like Kennedy though.

On a totally un-serious note, in a pretty serious topic. I keep scrolling through chit chat and reading this topic title as US Erection. Immature, but makes me smile abit each time.

I thought we were gunna have an all Obama turn out earlier it was 15-0 but now two people have voted Mcain. He really did cock up using Palin as vice.

Obama hates tax havens, and that's basically what the Isle of Man is and apparently he will stop American banks investing money over here, which will ruin us.

Plus I'm for the war to some extent.

To be honest I can see his point on both cases... tax havens=bad in my mind. I can see where you're coming from but I'm sure the IoM would cope (I didn't even think of it as a tax haven, although I guess Nigel Mansell moved there didn't he?). And the war? What war? The war on terror? The war to steal Iraq and Iran's oil? The war to earn America's finest construction firms billions of dollars? Great war >_<.

Edit: Also, I doubt he will have the power to stop banks investing in anything...

I wouldn't want to vote for either of them to be honest. I'd rather see a democratic candidate get in than a republican though.

I know what Obama is saying about tax havens, but as mentioned above, I don't think he will have that much control over it. The USA's economy is already in ruins and beggers can't be choosers. Like the Isle of Man, Guernsey will be up shit creek if anything like that does happen.

I'd rather see a democratic candidate get in than a republican though.

I've never seen anything explain the difference... It's like Labour and Conservatives... at the end of the day their policies are/have to be pretty much identical in the end to keep the country functioning and prosperous and the only thing you're really voting on is the dude in charge. That's my infantile way pf looking at it anyway. Obama seems to be an intelligent reasonably rounded bloke, whereas Sarah Palin is a retarded creationist who needs to disappear back to Alaska to be forgotten...

I Think we really would struggle, as the only thing we have is the financial sector over here.

Alastair Darling attacked us as well saying Britain needs to reconsider it's relations with the Isle of man, which although I'm not entirely sure what he means by that, as all we do is pay you to protect us if we ever get invaded lol, and called us a "tax haven sitting in the Irish Sea." and one country has blamed us entirely for the whole credit crunch going on at the moment :lol: . To be fair the money we don't pay in tax we make up by paying about £1.22 a liter for petrol and more for food and everything because it has to come by boat.

Oh and about the war, although I disagree with the reasons for the war, I do think we need to have a presence in these country's.