Biu Wc 2009 - Only I. Round

markx

The BikeTrial International Union has informed all the countries of the 2009 World Championship calendar. After hard conversations of BIU with some interested countries, finally only one country will host a round, so the 2009 worlds will celebrate only ONE ROUND.

Ping Tang chinese city will be the venue of the only 2009 worlds round. This city is located into an important National GeoPark and offers the best ground to practise BikeTrial. The date is not yet decided ut is sure that it will be in August. Some countries, as Japan and Spain, were in negotiations with some venues in their countries to host a round, but finally they didn´t get a bargain with anyone.

BIU is just working in 2010 World Championship calendar, with new venues to celebrate a round and get a bigger calendar.

http://biketrial-spain.com/BUEinformaciomundial2009E.html

The first i heard it was going to be China, Japan Singapore.

Then i saw this earlier. Bit dissapointed its only one round!

Robin, have a look into doing the European round in spain, there always good, not sure how it'll be now spains running it.

The Euro cups could be a good thing for your lad to do, there in Czech, italy and Hook woods. I think all the lil czechs and slovaks will do them, and they've got some of the best poussin/benjamins

I going to be honest and say that I think the death of BIU will be the best thing to happen to trials in years. Especially if they shut down in this country too soon ....

I used to think that aswell, i was all for UCI only, but then someone pointed out that the UCI kinda needs BIU in a way, because BIU is what all the youngsters and beginners ride, there isnt really a youth structure in the uci ( i know theres the youth games, but thats it really). A lot of people start learning through BIU then progress to UCI.

At this rate i think there will be about 5 people riding Biu in a few years time!

I think it would be a shame if the Biu went as its a good way for any riders starting in cycle trials competitions,maybe a few have forgotten where they all started and should show more support for Biu events. My son has done the Biu British rounds for the last 3 years and have enjoyed doing so.There has been some not so good events, but you cant have it good all the time.This year the entries have been low but the events have been very good,we are looking forward to next year,lets hope there will be more riders.

I used to think that aswell, i was all for UCI only, but then someone pointed out that the UCI kinda needs BIU in a way, because BIU is what all the youngsters and beginners ride, there isnt really a youth structure in the uci ( i know theres the youth games, but thats it really). A lot of people start learning through BIU then progress to UCI.

At this rate i think there will be about 5 people riding Biu in a few years time!

I think better would be - BIU dies and UCI develops its own youth scheme ... unified ....

Ii think it would be good to have one singular governing body for trials comps. Speaking to Andrei last night there have been a few strange suggestions floating around as to what to do with comps in the future. Some good ones too. i think if the BIU does disband then for the younger age categories there will have to be some rule changes as its a bit niave to think that the really young new riders will be able to compete with UCI rules. But i think for the future of trials, to have a united single ruling body is the way forward. It can only be a good thing.

At the Annual Meeting of the Biketrial Federation, held at British Cycling HQ (the governing body of UCI in the UK) on Friday 28th November, changes were made to the Federation's riding rules which will incorporate the requirements of British Cycling's UCI selection policy, whilst meeting the needs of riders of all age groups.

These changes incorporate new classes, the abolition of age groups, riding to ability rather than to age, and riding rules adapted to (i) suit the younger riders and (ii) meet UCI standards.

The full Minutes of the Meeting and the full Rules 2009 document are currently in draft format and should be posted on the Biketrial Federation's website later today/tomorrow.

There will also be an announcement of a major new sponsor for the 2009 series.

www.biketrialuk.co.uk