French Cars

tipsy Jock

cv joint also known to go in the saxo:D

Ahah! Thankyou, I will look into it!

How many gears do you get with one of those?

Only 4... at first it didn't seem to bad but in the end it gets annoying, you cant drive properly fuel conservative because theres never the right gear, and you can't drive properly fast because you're bouncing of the limiter in second and its nowhere near the optimum revs in 3rd..... but all in all it's a great little car!

Im highly doubting it, but does anyone know if the standard 6xcd interchanger head units out of the 2001 1.6 16v megane's has fono connections? Just i've got an amp for my new speakers but havn't yet had time to check the standard head unit, and see if i need to buy a new one....

Any help much appreciated!

Im highly doubting it, but does anyone know if the standard 6xcd interchanger head units out of the 2001 1.6 16v megane's has fono connections? Just i've got an amp for my new speakers but havn't yet had time to check the standard head unit, and see if i need to buy a new one....

Any help much appreciated!

i would say mate that you need a new head unit as one i dont think the standard headunit would cope and i dont think it has them check anyway no harm in trying

i would say mate that you need a new head unit as one i dont think the standard headunit would cope and i dont think it has them check anyway no harm in trying

As said, its unlikely, but its worth a look. Does the new amp not have a high level input? Most amps do in which case you can just take a feed from the rear speakers.

What can you realistically drop into a 205? might have a 1.1 coming my way and i would like a fun project.

There is the obvious choices of 1.6/9 gti engine or a gti6 (a difficult conversion i hear?) what else is worthwhile fitting?

Obvious ones are 1.6 and 1.9 gti engines. The MI16 engine is probably the most documented and easiest non 205 engine transplant, the gti6 seems to be getting more and more popular though. You can also drop in a 1.6 16v from that gti up above, but why bother when you can have 160 brake and the best induction noise this side of ITB's! Have a look on 205 drivers, all the conversions will be on there.

depends what you mean by 'fun' but if its the same definition that i have, then buy my 1.6 205 gti engine :D it has 115 bhp which is pretty darn pokey and fun.

otherwise here's a rundown on power outputs..

1.6 gti - 115bhp

1.9gti non cat - 128bhp

1.9 16v mi16 - 160 bhp

2.0 16 mi16 - 155 bhp

2.0 gti-6 - 167 bhp iirc.

then you could try a 106 gti engine as pete said, but then i think it'll mean different engine mounts etc..

Will

paul, i had (and still have) a 205 gti6 on a 5 speed 1.9 box, which is just sitting in the garage. it is a very fun car, but i think more fun is to be had from the little 8 valvers. so much power at the bottom end, whereas the 16v's need to be revved a lot.

if i was to do it all again, i'd get a decent 1.9 alloy mi16 (or maybe just stick with the 8v), rebuild it and use that. It's just as light as the 8v's, whereas the gti6 lump is mainly cast iron, so it weighs a lot and spoils the handling a bit (only noticable when your right at the limit).

Edited by Rossi

hehe only put it back on the road a week ago... after having a few problems which turned out to be a loose earth.

i have LOADS of pictures... will post a few more :)

quick rundown of the spec:

car weighs 850kgs (at the moment)

engine is a 2lr (F7R) from a williams running catcams,kent vernier pulleys, a 4-2-1 manifold and downpipe from a megane all custom to a side exit exhaust, skuttle relocated induction kit. 170-180bhp

brakes are wilwood 4pots on the front with braided hoses, standard rear brakes.

fk coilovers, powerflex ARB,Wishbone and dogbone bushes

runs on toyo R888s,

runs consistant 13sec passes at santapod, best is a 13.7@100 mph

0 - 60 5.3 secs on the road, maybe into 4.9s at santapod.

top speed 142 on gps, 150 indicated.

that will do for the main bits.... if you wanna know anything else just ask :rolleyes:

dscf8131mediumfy9.jpg

dscf8132mediumqz0.jpg

pic0035mediumfe3.jpg

and a flyby video from the weekend... testing it lol.

==CLICK ME==

Edited by Unreal Rider

yeah i will be tracking it alot this year, just need to get some cash together!

first trackday will be in febuary at bedford autodrome to test the cars capabilities in a safer place, then onto brands etc!

loving the rallyeee :) have to took it down the 1/4 mile or on track before,

i just got a camera for christmas so will be puttign that to good use on the tracks! going to mount it on my cage

also ive got to add another silencer to the exhaust as i think it might be to loud still. hehe

yeah i will be tracking it alot this year, just need to get some cash together!

first trackday will be in febuary at bedford autodrome to test the cars capabilities in a safer place, then onto brands etc!

loving the rallyeee :) have to took it down the 1/4 mile or on track before,

i just got a camera for christmas so will be puttign that to good use on the tracks! going to mount it on my cage

also ive got to add another silencer to the exhaust as i think it might be to loud still. hehe

Yup, that's my plan too. I was thinking of Bedford for my first proper outing but a load of Rallye Register guys are doing Brands. I've done a few laps of the Ring and a couple of show track sessions, oh and a Dutch trackday, but that was just madness! I need to take a trip to Pod methinks!