French Cars

tipsy Jock

fred, i must say your car has changed my tipical opion of the saxo lads,

thats actually looks really nice, and your definately going the right way about modding it

gaz

cheers mate, just needs to be lowered slightly for handling improovements then brakes and im done. none of this bad boi shiz!

if its the same as other pug/cits, then with the ignition off press and hold the trip reset button. Turn the ignition on keeping the trip reset button pressed, it may count down from 9 or it may just remove the spanner sign.

Yes it was that thanks. Found the instructions for it were also in the handbook..silly me for not looking first :rolleyes:

i have been drawn to saxos and 106's recently....

I have a mate who drives the latest phase 1.6 GTi and its bloody beautiful! i have two other mates driving a 2.8 c-class merc and another in a 3.8 landrover vouge (on 22" spinning rims) and to be honest... i prefer the pug over them pureley because of the way it looks (nothing to do with the way they drive (although the pug would be better on that front to but hey))

I just cant see myself buying a french car >_<

Edited by Radfax

call that stripped?

lol it was in early days but its not as stripped as yours.. i plan on puttin all mine back together again one day...

Did you buy your saxo off piston heads or done all the work yourself? there was one on there pretty much the same.

Looks good

Edited by twentyinch

woo french car thread. and less of the french cars are shit you jelous fannys :P my cars 12 years old and only needs a couple very minor things sorting. they may rattle but its all good wheres the fun in a quite car.

anyway got my steering colum welded up at the uj joint the otherday as the rubber thingy perished and fap me my cars totally different such fun to drive and it feels like i can take corners at twice the speed as the 172 with ease. also its starting to wake up after 10 years of its life being driven by a granny im now driving like it was intended.

fred defo looks like your going the right way about modding your car looking good, and liking your 106 tipsy jock looks real nice.

heres a pic just for the fun of it.

williams3_6.jpg

french cars are shite, fact

close this topic.

Not a fact. Sure there are plenty of better cars but not for the same price. A Peugeot 106 S1 Rallye in excellent condition with a few mods costs around £1,800 and there's not much on the road standard that it can't keep up with and pretty much NOTHING in it's price range that comes even close. It's like go carting on the road, so much fun I'm telling you, drive one and then tell me they are shite!!!

Still love you.... but you have a grump on at the moment, lol!

Davey

Go karting on the road you say? Pah! try a mini ;)

Lets rephrase that, like go karting on the road and being able to top 60 in less than a minute :P

That reminds me one of my mates has just finished restoring a Mini 30th aniversary edition, need to get some pics to show you guys over in the Mini thread. Its been completely stripped back to a bare shell, welded, resprayed and rebuilt from scratch, been off the road for over 2 years!

Edited by tipsy Jock

not really helping the french reliability issues, but my 306 is being stubborn, baring in mind its been sat on my drive on a slope for a good few months without being run.

basically my car has been stood for a long time but used to start after i charged the battery now and again, i want to insure it soon so therefore need it working.

when i tried to start previously just got nothing, then topped up with diesel \and it would tick over.

i assumed my battery charger wasnt working so bought a new one, and left it on charge as stated for a day, now a get a half ticking/whoosh noise but no idling.

im thinking maybe glowplugs/starter motor?

also was getting a relay ticking (at end of vid byut stopped after i fiddled with fuses etc?

th_MOV00001.jpg

is the first thing i point to the strater motor? video might not work to well, but basically as i explained above my car wont turn over properly, and need your guys help

I have a mate who drives the latest phase 1.6 GTi and its bloody beautiful! i have two other mates driving a 2.8 c-class merc and another in a 3.8 landrover vouge (on 22" spinning rims) and to be honest... i prefer the pug over them pureley because of the way it looks (nothing to do with the way they drive (although the pug would be better on that front to but hey))

Really?

I have driven one and it felt mediocre at best.

My mate is a Peugeot mechanic and has driven the whole range extensively, and he said it drives pretty bad comapred to the past GTi range. He himself drives a 306 GTi 6. Seem to be rather on the heavy front compared to the older models.

I cant say i have driven either of the 3 cars so i am only assuming that the pug drives better than the other two. I have had a little go in a phase one 106 and to be honest, although i havent driven many cars it didnt seem to be to bad. But i assume that the pug would drive better than the vouge or the c-class purely because of size and weight. I do agree the 306 GTi 5's are VERY nice inded.

But i am only assuming that the 106 drives better than the vouge and mercades. but dont hold me to it! It looks like it isnt a chour to drive though.

Go karting on the road you say? Pah! try a mini ;)

I have tried a mini and it's no comparison, admitedly they're pretty good fun and all that but I personally feel a little silly in one and a Rallye is just much quicker (as standard for the same price)!

Davey

• 1 year later...