French Cars

tipsy Jock

Looking good Ad! Come on MSN more often, you're never on now!

Fancy staying over my way once you've passed? That'd be perfect to go to Koxx days aswell..... :P

Maybe nest year :shifty: If I've managed to pass by then :P needs Taxing aswell, thats another £103.

Yeah Deffinatly up for that when/if i pass, only problem is if i pass over here theres regulations for the 1st 2 years which is gay, i'm thinking of taking an intensive course back in England, will probably end up cheaper and easier, and i dont have to abide by the silly rules over her :P

Maybe nest year :shifty: If I've managed to pass by then :P needs Taxing aswell, thats another £103.

Yeah Deffinatly up for that when/if i pass, only problem is if i pass over here theres regulations for the 1st 2 years which is gay, i'm thinking of taking an intensive course back in England, will probably end up cheaper and easier, and i dont have to abide by the silly rules over her :P

Nice wheels !

Sam best keep her act up, you'll have pussy falling off that wagon :P

Glad your back dude, catch you on MSN tonight ! :)

Well... This is 150 miles away from where I live. Assuming the bank will be able to arrange a small loan in the next 5 days, I'll probebly get it. I've found an insurance price of £887, which is pretty nice.

linky

Its got 1 months tax, 2 months MOT, Its done 170,000 miles but nearly 100,000 on the engine. Pretty high I know, but its only got to last me 6 months until I leave the country. It looks awesome though.

Whatcha think?

edit: Or insured on This for £1050. I cant see this selling for under £1200 to be honest though

edit: Or this this. Looks awesome. Could probebly get him down to 700. Insurance is £1100 though

and This litrally 10 miles away from me http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...icleRegLetter=H

Edited by Jaffacakes

• 2 months later...

What ever happened to this!

Mine. It needs ALOT of work, currently runs like an absolute sack of shite, my 8v polo is quicker and more responsive :( obv. havnt really driven it much since its un-insured etc. but overall feel is good, and I like it alot. I noticed a cam gasket leak. so whacked them off to inspect it etc. after failing to find a new gasket on friday. Gasket actually appeared to be ok, so i whacked it back on. We shall see if that was foolish...

Anyway, pictures:

30052009090.jpg

Before:

30052009091.jpg

After:

31052009095.jpg

Still runs like shit though, Il try an oil, filters and general service overhaul over the next week, and sort out the bollocks brakes and buggered bulbs...

Edited by Tom_

• 4 months later...

Whats happened to everyone. Forgot about the crappy french tin cans? Lol.

My recent progress:

astance.jpg

wires.jpg

back.jpg

cablerear.jpg

strippage.jpg

cleansaxr.jpg

cleansaxf.jpg

Took the sound deadening off the rear arches this morning, but got no pictures. Plans... need to paint inside, get buckets and harness' and fibreglass door cards off Craig (ps. Craig, txt Cring back if your reading this lol). Already got 106 door bins and handle surrounds ready :)

Looks nice, those cage's scare me though :S does it not worry you having a large unsecured lump of aluminium sat just behind your head?

Dude, it's so light it's unbelievable. It isnt exactly a lump lol. Plus, they arent exactly unsecured. But i understand what your saying. Dont roll it is the answer lol. I'll probably cchange it for a proper cage one day. Sorting the rest of the interior, suspension and a VTS lump is the priorities.

Haha, spose they are pretty light. Since flipping my golf they always scare me though, as it proved to me that even if you do drive sensibly you can still end up upside down with a caved in roof. But yeah, I get what you're saying, I just think they seems worse than no cage if anything. I guess I'm just not a fan of them. Car looks nice otherwise though mate.

Haha, spose they are pretty light. Since flipping my golf they always scare me though, as it proved to me that even if you do drive sensibly you can still end up upside down with a caved in roof. But yeah, I get what you're saying, I just think they seems worse than no cage if anything. I guess I'm just not a fan of them. Car looks nice otherwise though mate.

Cheers dude. It's getting there. Been nearly 3 years in the making now, looking forward to another 3 :D

Cheers dude. It's getting there. Been nearly 3 years in the making now, looking forward to another 3 :D

Hahah you nearly sold it a few weeks ago... :P

Bit of an update for those who care..

Flocked dash, door bins, door handle surrounds, wing mirrow blanks.

DSCF1359.jpg

DSCF1360.jpg

Stereo is now removed but waiting on my carbon blank as i lost my other :(

Few exterior sticks :P

DSCF1364.jpg

DSCF1365.jpg

Bit more ploybush

DSCF1366.jpg

Cage to come and a rotrex supercharger after xmas

• 2 weeks later...

I've always had abit of a thing for 205gti's, an at the minute I'm in a situation where I could purchase one.

Anybody got any tips on where I'm looking for problem areas? I've read the backs of the sills, round the arch lip under the plastic and then make sure its had a cambelt swap not tooo long ago.

Also anybody got a deecent guide price to be sticking too? I'm after a good example, non molested, 1600 gti. From what I've noticed I'm looking around the £1500 mark? For a well serviced, documented car...

Any help and advice where and what to be looking for would be awesome, thanks in advance chaps! :)

avoid TB!!!!! surely you need at least one reliable car?

if you must, surely the 1.9 is the one to go for as well?

either way, buy a mk2 golf instead!

If I was buying a golf I'd go newer and diesel (mk4 130pd model, to be exact :P).

I've always fancied a 205 gti, and others I have spoken too have mentioned the 1.6 being a generaly easier car to be with everyday. I don't want something too thirsty either hence the smaller engine.

My plans is to buy the best I can, and just make it a perfect example of a gti. No mods, maybe have the steering/geometry set up an thats it.

Thats my plan anyway...

Don't spend any more than a grand on a 1.6 GTI. (N)

The money is in completely original models, make sure you get the best you can possibly afford and then some more !

Those key points, out weigh eachother. I'm wanting an origional untouched car, which means there the top end of the 205 price range. If I can find myself a reasonabley smart, well documented 205 for about £1300-£1500 I'll be happy.