Converting A 26" Frame To 24"?

Damon W

what adaptors are available for this?

im sure judders used to hav what looked like a heatsink booser, that did this, has a vbrake boss jus set further down

i was thinking about doing it, i want sumthing i no is very strong! and maybe conver 26" magura mounts into 24" vbrake mounts?

post pics and advice if you would :)

youcould just make some mount converters up...ive got a 26" to 24" vee converter that works pretty well.....the only bad thing is the bb height...e.g a zoot is +35, which equates to a plus +10 stock.......i was thinking about converting my woodstock originally which is zero.....when used with 24" wheels would make it feel somewhere in the minus bb range...not too great for trials

youcould just make some mount converters up...ive got a 26" to 24" vee converter that works pretty well.....the only bad thing is the bb height...e.g a zoot is +35, which equates to a plus +10 stock.......i was thinking about converting my woodstock originally which is zero.....when used with 24" wheels would make it feel somewhere in the minus bb range...not too great for trials

werd u get ur converters from?

well the frame im gna b usin it on has +30 with 26" wheels

Don't think there many real options other than the frame having a standard disc mount. DMR bikes do removeable vee brake mounts on their frames but weather or not they will fit on todays trials frames is questionable.....doubtful. Not many fork options either.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont see how the bb height would change if you change wheel size. BB height is axle to BB rather than floor to BB, and as the axles are in the same place regardless of the size of the wheels the BB height wont change.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont see how the bb height would change if you change wheel size. BB height is axle to BB rather than floor to BB, and as the axles are in the same place regardless of the size of the wheels the BB height wont change.

providing u use the same forks yeh :)

any ideas then?

providing u use the same forks yeh :)

any ideas then?

Could try finding a caliper brake to v brake adapter plate (like this), then see if you can position it so the bosses are in the right place, and there is enough plate covering the maggie mounts to allow you to drill holes into the plate and bolt it to the maggie mounts. Not sure if the adapter would have long enough arms though, or where the hell you could buy one from.

Yeah but you have to take into account that a 26" has a 25mm higher BB than a 24" with identical geo.

Yeah but you have to take into account that a 26" has a 25mm higher BB than a 24" with identical geo.

surly thats from the floor though, and so makes no difference to the bb height relative to the axle, which is what is quoted as bb height (as I understand it)?

I was confused by that too when i was gonna convert my 660 - put the 24s on it and it feels loads different! Just feels an awful lot lower. Great for bunnyhops, spins etc but was a bit of a dog on the back wheel with the neutral bb height. Was great fun though!

Edited by Skoze

maybe this kind of booster from some RST fork could be used for converting brake mounts:

fork.jpg

back side of the booster:

booster.sized.jpg

I guess in this case distance between those mounts doesn't fit ):

sorry for my english :b

Edited by enima

maybe this kind of booster from some RST fork could be used for converting brake mounts:

http://content8-foto.inbox.lv/albums877000...1ma/tf/fork.jpg

http://content8-foto.inbox.lv/albums877000.../tf/booster.jpg

I guess in this case distance between those mounts doesn't fit ):

sorry for my english :b

links dont work mon petit chou