Most Secure Way To Send Money?

tipsy Jock

Evening chaps,

I'm needing to send a fairly hefty chunk of money to an individual for some car parts, he's a respected and well known member of the forum in question but i'm still wondering if there is any way I can send it that will give me some peace of mind? At the moment my options are Cheque or Bank Transfer. I will of course do the usual and get an email address, real address and phone number. Oh and paypal is out of the question as the charges will be monumental.

Cheers!

bank transfer fella, easy, fast, cheap (no charge!), safe...

although it can take upto 5 days if i remember rightly!

what i used to do is go into the bank with money and their bank details in hand and do the transfer.

I just sold something about half an hour ago, and the guy paid via bank transfer. The money showed up ten minutes later in my account, amazing! I think i'll go with bank transfer, Paypal will rape me with charges and you can't send money to an individual via credit card can you? I'd have to ask mum nicely if you can anyway as I don't have one.

I just sold something about half an hour ago, and the guy paid via bank transfer. The money showed up ten minutes later in my account, amazing! I think i'll go with bank transfer, Paypal will rape me with charges and you can't send money to an individual via credit card can you? I'd have to ask mum nicely if you can anyway as I don't have one.

If he pays via bank transfer and your both with the same bank its usually pretty quick. If its from say barclays to natwest its usually a couple of days.

If it were me I'd send it in a tank full of ninja dwarves just to be on the safe side ;)

If he pays via bank transfer and your both with the same bank its usually pretty quick. If its from say barclays to natwest its usually a couple of days.

If it were me I'd send it in a tank full of ninja dwarves just to be on the safe side ;)

My dad sent some money via bank transfer from his barclays account to my natwest the other day. It came through instantly which surprised us both!