Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

Proof that your not playing gay enough, if your not pressing the strings so hard there denting the neck your not pressing hard enough.

Learning technical solos is kinda fun anyway.

To learn technical solo's quickly and effectivly, a light touch is key. ;)

3 guys in my class at Uni have had TD this term - it's put one out for 3 months.

You don't have to press hard to get a good sound.

mmmhmm

I used to pick for so long my picking arm would ache, and keep on playing.

Now I've got uneven muscles in my forearms.

Now, for solos, and general playing, the REAL trick, is learning to barely move your fingers when fretting notes. Just watch a *BILL & TED-STYLE AIR GUITAR* shredder, like Joe Satriani, you'll see how little you have to move your fingers. That's efficiency. Whether or not you ever use that speed is your own choice.

Lol, I can't do it :P

mmmhmm

I used to pick for so long my picking arm would ache, and keep on playing.

Now I've got uneven muscles in my forearms.

Now, for solos, and general playing, the REAL trick, is learning to barely move your fingers when fretting notes. Just watch a *BILL & TED-STYLE AIR GUITAR* shredder, like Joe Satriani, you'll see how little you have to move your fingers. That's efficiency. Whether or not you ever use that speed is your own choice.

Lol, I can't do it :P

But that's all to do with fret board knowledge which comes over years of theoretical and practical practice. I still haven't got it down, I like my root note progressions. After playing bass now, and rinsing theory for the past half yeah ish - I'm beginning to be able to play stuff in one shape as I see the scales and relevant modes opening up for me.

Just so I can show you the bad technique problem.

She has pretty awful technique - yet, she's doing online tutorials. This makes me want to do my own videos, because I could rinse that.. Because she is THAT bad.

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Edited by Hendrix

After 6 years i am aware how to play :P it was a joke for one.

I'd been playing almost all day about 5 hours so my fingers where and still are sore, not like tendon sore as in wearing through the skin blistering sore.

With some of hendrix's and say dragonforce's stuff its hard not to move your hand much 11-18 hammers and such.

But most solo'd like tallica, maiden and the like really don't need much movement i know what you mean.

In other news, i have enough money for pretty much any guitar of my liking and now im confused.

i know i'm steering clear of BC rich, and probably ibanez as i already have one.

But i think i'm falling in love with a dean.

This dean to be exact.

http://www.djmmusic.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=DGK-FBT-TBZ

But i still have the urge for a strat and a les paul.

Ahh well atleast its an excuse to go out and play alot of expensive guitars.

But i want opinions from people who've played/ own them.

But i still have the urge for a strat and a les paul.

Ahh well atleast its an excuse to go out and play alot of expensive guitars.

But i want opinions from people who've played/ own them.

Good man at wanting to try expencive guitars! :P

PLEASE don't get that Dean, it's stupidly bad to play. You'd be better off with either a Mexican Strat or 2nd hand USA Les Paul, which at current times are dirt cheap. ;)

If you get a dean pointy thing, at least get one with the less roundy corners.

Thats the reason i want that one i've kinda gone off the mega mega pointy buggers.

My next investment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...206c786ff59b258

Anyone wanna by my body/ soul? that will give me about half.

Thats the reason i want that one i've kinda gone off the mega mega pointy buggers.

My next investment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...206c786ff59b258

Anyone wanna by my body/ soul? that will give me about half.

Funny thing - that's in MINT condition. Would have thought it would have been played to death... :blink: It also doesn't say in the description if it's been resprayed - which in my books would devalue it.

Edited by Hendrix

Good man at wanting to try expencive guitars! :P

PLEASE don't get that Dean, it's stupidly bad to play. You'd be better off with either a Mexican Strat or 2nd hand USA Les Paul, which at current times are dirt cheap. ;)

I wouldn't touch a mexican strat when i can afford far far better ha ha.

And i may aswell buy a new guitar whatever i buy as i have enough money to play with, goodbye car fund.

May i ask whats bad about the dean? at the moment im going purely on looks, but the Dime tribute has a thinner neck and better pickups, thus my reasoning for concidering it.

I want something out of the ordinary that is very playable, if anyone has any suggestions?

I wouldn't touch a mexican strat when i can afford far far better ha ha.

And i may aswell buy a new guitar whatever i buy as i have enough money to play with, goodbye car fund.

May i ask whats bad about the dean? at the moment im going purely on looks, but the Dime tribute has a thinner neck and better pickups, thus my reasoning for concidering it.

I want something out of the ordinary that is very playable, if anyone has any suggestions?

The wood is rubbish, the pickups sound like poo and the overall feel off the guitar (neck etc) is sh*te! :(

Get a parker if you can afford something that's no mexican. ;) I bet you'll be the only person in your town to own one if you get a USA. ;)

EMGs are for KOOL KIDZ.

EMG's are for wannabee's. :P

Wait..

Aren't both your pickups EMG's?!! :shifty:

ON MY IBANEZ...

the neck pickup is an ibanez infinity, and the bridge is a DiMarzio Superdistortion.

Fool.

I have a very meh opinion of the first pickup but - ERRHHHH.

You should have got a Motherbucker! :ermm:

707634643555X.jpg

vs.

1190042346_MUBK-1_w450_h400.jpg

Because of me now having a INDEPTH discussion with Tobias outside the forum, I have come up with this idea;

Someone has to suggest a style, and select 2 people to record the guitar doing that style (you don't need a full band) - winner picks the next 2 people.

Good idea?

Edited by Hendrix

The wood is rubbish, the pickups sound like poo and the overall feel off the guitar (neck etc) is sh*te! :(

Get a parker if you can afford something that's no mexican. ;) I bet you'll be the only person in your town to own one if you get a USA. ;)

EMG's are for wannabee's. :P

Wait..

Aren't both your pickups EMG's?!! :shifty:

Ahh ll, thanks :) . Thats that one out of the picture then, as i said i hadn't played one but seems thier as well built as BC rich's then...

Only person in my town with a USA? ha ha no not really.

My friend has a USA along with my dads which is the main reason i'm not sure on buying one although i don't get to play his often and they are the only 2 people i know that own fenders.

I agree EMG's smell!!! Duncans or De'marzio's ***.

Any other suggestions, i want it to have something unique about it. Its inheritance money and i want it to be kind of a memorial thing ( : )

Rockschool is meh. It doesn't really challenge you, but at the end of the day it's UCAS points and a nice piece of paper.

If you want something that will be accepted in many places, then get an Associated Board Grade 8 - which also covers some theory (mine did), and a lot more scales.

Edited by Hendrix