Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

Any updates on the J bass ???

Being sent to Fender for a set up soon, and also getting a new scratchplate put on in the next 10 days.

Got a now updated and completely custom Yamaha coming back to me on Saturday - nice £300 down the drain. :P

Pictures to follow. :)

You can do it to any strings if they are wound, but most guitars only have 3 wound strings, so it's not a lot of benefit.

Besides, it lasts about 10 minutes anyway and still doesn't sound as good as a new set of strings...

On bass it can last about 3 weeks - if you boil them just right. On guitar I use lighter fluid, I lasts about an extra week.

I've never found any strings which will last the same amount of time after boiling as new strings, and never sound as good.

Bass strings usually last about 3 months if you look after them right. Guitar strings usually last me a week of every day gigging if it's not heavy - if it's no gigging time, about 3 weeks.. so an extra week is kind of handy.

• 2 weeks later...
I have my grade 5 Piano on Tuesday. (Shitting myself)

Haha

Good luck with the exam man! :)

Well just to let you know, I got a distinction! :D

Was well chuffed. Really didn't expect it.

Anyway, I was so happy and decided to post in here! Haha

Also at least this topic has been bumped again! :P

Well done man! :)

Bet you're glad it's done though?

Yer its falling back again, and well done! :D

Hows the bass project coming Hendrix?

I detuned my guitar again. This time, I corrected the bridge too. I wonder what the truss rod thinks to it... It actually bends inwards and not outwards. I wonder if I could go down by another semitone?

Edited by Bruce Lee

You'll see. It's a sh*t load of work though..

I'm excited now :D

I detuned my guitar again. This time, I corrected the bridge too. I wonder what the truss rod thinks to it... It actually bends inwards and not outwards. I wonder if I could go down by another semitone?

You could try and see what happens?

Can I post a picture of my banjo string?

Go for it :P

I herd[sic] if you screw with the truss rod you'll snap your guitar, so I'm a little fearful. Mind, it can handle having no strings on it, can it not?

GTFO.

And yes, might take a little while to retune it though.

Edited by Hendrix

I herd[sic] if you screw with the truss rod you'll snap your guitar, so I'm a little fearful. Mind, it can handle having no strings on it, can it not?

If you majorly screw withthe truss rod itll snap the rod or maybe the neck yer but thats major messing.

It bloody well should cope, if it doesn't send it back to Ibanez immediatley. Yes they have a bit of tention but not so much they hold the neck together.

This will help with adjusting your truss rod.

http://www.athensmusician.net/archive/2001...neimbody1.shtml

Edited by davey1991

If you majorly screw withthe truss rod itll snap the rod or maybe the neck yer but thats major messing.

It bloody well should cope, if it doesn't send it back to Ibanez immediatley. Yes they have a bit of tention but not so much they hold the neck together.

This will help with adjusting your truss rod.

http://www.athensmusician.net/archive/2001...neimbody1.shtml

I think he may have been taking the piss out of the debate me and tom had a few pages back ;)

Just wondering are there any views on the Fender 5F6A Bassman amp? I'm going to build my own replica amp over the summer. Any thoughts by people who have played this amp?

Cheers,

Steve

I don't like fender amps myself but as its an older one it'll probably be better as they weren't mass produced by todays standard, i'd quite like to see a replica.

Tube amp right?

I don't like fender amps myself

BLASPHEMY! (yes, I know it's only your opinion :P)

Give me a Hot Rod Deville 212 with an extra 212 cab and I'll be almost completely happy. Chuck in a little Orange Crush 30 and an ABY switch and I'll give anyone any sexual favours they want.