Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

It was on that table Ed! I didn't want to be known solely for paintwork thou, in wanted the restoration work to get a shout too,

Adam, pictures of the tele man! Don't forget to buy a decent lead too bud, as after a good guitar and good amp that's your 'choke' on the sound. I use a fender custom shop lead with angled heads for my tele, makes life easier with the classic style tele input.

Projectele took a new direction..

IMAG0398_zpsv8t9gzwi.jpg

Recessed the switch plate, flushed the pickup mount and smoothed it, going for a clear scratch plate too I think.

Colour match primer is my new favourite thing. Can't wait to get it coloured and get the pickup bonded at the right height!

Too much Fender in here!. Work on these have paused for a while, need to get back to finish wiring the black one and spray the seafrom green (bad lighting) headstock matching colour then a clear coat over. I recently invested in a bunch of tools, fret levelling files, radius files, a set of nut files, straight edge, fret rockers, feeler gauges and other misc bits. I'm gonna level the frets and setup on all my guitars myself instead of getting the shitty local shop guys to do it. Save myself some money too.

The green one is a 2001 MIJ Ibanez RG7621 with a maple body with a pair of BKP Juggernauts and the black one has an Ibanez Iron Label neck with a northern ash, hipshot bridge pair of Dimarzio Ionizers and a middle Dimarzio Blaze. Both are kinda heavy, which I like. As you can probably tell I'm more of a metal type of player :D

Full_Size_Render.jpg IMG_1623.png

Too much Fender in here!

Nevvvaaah.

Brave man on trying the fret levelling, I played a strat that had been home dressed a while ago and it was dreadful! Unreal how much taking such small amounts in the wrong places can f**k so much shit up.

Nevvvaaah.

Brave man on trying the fret levelling, I played a strat that had been home dressed a while ago and it was dreadful! Unreal how much taking such small amounts in the wrong places can f**k so much shit up.

They must have done it wrong!

I'm planning to make some kinda jig thing so I can wedge my neck in centre of two beams with the width of the radius block between them. That way I can just concentrate pushing the radius block up and down the neck without any side movements. I currently have a 20cm long radius block but will probably get a longer one to cover more frets at once.

• 4 weeks later...

Forgive me father Leo, for I have sinned....

IMAG0615_zps7dlnmwdq.jpg

I've wanted a 335 dot for so long. I played this in my local store yesterday and couldn't get over how much I enjoyed it, I had to go back this afternoon.

The Wildkat I had felt god awful and I always put it down to the 24.75" scale, but this thing feels fantastic. I originally went to try an ES-335 Pro he'd got in, but I didn't like the square inlays and the coil taps didn't really interest me that much, I concede that they sounded good but if I want single coil sounds I'll grab my strat. It also felt abit dull to whereas this Dot feels slick and fast, plus this is my first venture in humbuckers! It's impossible to not play blues/rockabilly licks on it. Timing seemed apt too, buying a 335 the day BB King passed.

I really want some Texas Special pickups for my Strat, but can't decide if I'll get the same sound I'm after from a deecent pedal, which I can use across all my guitars.

I'm building an 'SG' inspired Squier Strat for a customer at the minute, metallic brown/red with black/chrome hardware, HSS configuration too so it should have some bottom end to it.

• Like 1

Forgive me father Leo, for I have sinned....

IMAG0615_zps7dlnmwdq.jpg

I've wanted a 335 dot for so long. I played this in my local store yesterday and couldn't get over how much I enjoyed it, I had to go back this afternoon.

The Wildkat I had felt god awful and I always put it down to the 24.75" scale, but this thing feels fantastic. I originally went to try an ES-335 Pro he'd got in, but I didn't like the square inlays and the coil taps didn't really interest me that much, I concede that they sounded good but if I want single coil sounds I'll grab my strat. It also felt abit dull to whereas this Dot feels slick and fast, plus this is my first venture in humbuckers! It's impossible to not play blues/rockabilly licks on it. Timing seemed apt too, buying a 335 the day BB King passed.

I really want some Texas Special pickups for my Strat, but can't decide if I'll get the same sound I'm after from a deecent pedal, which I can use across all my guitars.

I'm building an 'SG' inspired Squier Strat for a customer at the minute, metallic brown/red with black/chrome hardware, HSS configuration too so it should have some bottom end to it.

I have the same 335 Dot and it's one of my only non-Fender electric guitars. They do sound bloody great for the money but there's no denying they do have a cheap feeling. That being said I don't think the Gibson equivalent feels that much better. The sheer amount of lacquer on the back of the neck annoys me every time I play it, and the toggle switches etc have a naff feeling.

But….when usiusally playing wobbly-bridges Fender's the feeling of getting a humbuckered hair tail guitar is such a simple pleasure and it does have a great tone when cranked up. I ditched the strings off mine straight away and put something heavy (13's or 14's I think) on to purposefully make bends and noodley moves much more difficult to keep it having a nice straight, deep authentic tone.

I always find the headstock takes a dive any time the necks not supported though…how about you?

Anyone ever built a case before?

Nope. Seems it's one of those things that by the time you've spent the hours and money into it you might as well buy one, or second hand one. Unless you can get all the right materials for dirt cheap. 3 of my guitars are in a softshell case I got from Thomann for £25 and the 4th guitar in a Ibanez M100C hardshell case I got given by a good friend. But then again I don't travel with mine, last time they left my room was moving houses.

I have the same 335 Dot and it's one of my only non-Fender electric guitars. They do sound bloody great for the money but there's no denying they do have a cheap feeling. That being said I don't think the Gibson equivalent feels that much better. The sheer amount of lacquer on the back of the neck annoys me every time I play it, and the toggle switches etc have a naff feeling.

But.when usiusally playing wobbly-bridges Fender's the feeling of getting a humbuckered hair tail guitar is such a simple pleasure and it does have a great tone when cranked up. I ditched the strings off mine straight away and put something heavy (13's or 14's I think) on to purposefully make bends and noodley moves much more difficult to keep it having a nice straight, deep authentic tone.

I always find the headstock takes a dive any time the necks not supported thoughhow about you?

I love it to pieces, it's been my go to now every night and it still keeps making me smile. I cranked the gain up a touch last night and couldn't get over sound. I know what your saying about the lacquer thou, after 30-40 minutes playing I noticed the lacquer gets tougher to slide around on along the neck, it's very rare thou I get longer than half hour to play so it's not a major concern for me. Ha, I dropped mine off earlier for a setup and asked for 12s, for the same reasons really, it only seems to suit the rockabilly bends up on the top 3 strings.

I do really really enjoy it thou. Such a different sound and feel to my Tele to make it valid. I think I'm gonna mod it a touch, go for some real hot 60s style boutique pickups, BB King varitone wiring mod and done better pots, I'd like this to be a real tone machine but with that real bluesy sound.

When a well known online guitar tool shop online calculator gives you the wrong measurements for bridge placement and you've pretty much assembled the guitar to find that it doesn't intonate.

FML. Don't know if I can salvage the the black guitar I posted a few posts back. Possibly a write off :ermm:

In what way man? Sucks :(

Lacquered this for a guitar builder this week, not my bag but I can appreciate the work and timber choice..

IMAG0632_zpszuxaoswb.jpg

IMAG0634_zpsaiivdd9s.jpg

IMAG0630_zpsn3pc0aj5.jpg

Turned out lovely :)

After looking at Texas special pickups I decided against a set for my strat after watching this..

http://youtu.be/jy7TNezelpo

So I've just ordered a set for the Tele! Gonna sound incredible.

Your fenders... offend me haha. I only like tele shapes, only Fender I'd actually like is Jim Root's (slipknot) signature tele.

But yes, I had to move the bridge back 6mm and I had to enlarge the string holes on the bridge plate to slots so they match up with the body string holes I already drilled. The bridge plate is a f**king mess, I did it with a drill and files. I'll replace it one day and machine out some proper slots. But luckily the saddles cover everything up so you can see shit haha.

So I've finally decided to join the fun of this thread. I'm pretty new to guitar playing, but I really love it. I play mostly acoustic, but some electric for fun. Anyway, I just found this Vox JamVOX for only $5 today! It looks brand new and operates like new!

post-37164-0-88865300-1432400281_thumb.j

Edited by jnthebiker

In what way man? Sucks :(

Lacquered this for a guitar builder this week, not my bag but I can appreciate the work and timber choice..IMAG0632_zpszuxaoswb.jpgIMAG0634_zpsaiivdd9s.jpgIMAG0630_zpsn3pc0aj5.jpg

Turned out lovely :)

This guys emailed me today to tell me how terrible the finish is on this and he'd like a full refund :lol:. Aparently it's not flat enough for his elitist customers.