Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

As this thread is alive again I thought I'd add some pics of the current collection which are out of their cases. Excuse the low-light.

1985, '57 re-issue Japanese strat in 2 tone sunburst with original style single ply pick guard and 3-way pickup selector switch. Bought this from a guy in the army who was stationed in Japan.

post-7501-0-98735300-1413879080_thumb.jp

1962 re-issue Jaguar in Olympic White. Originally had a candy apple red one which I bought thinking it was Fiesta red. Sold it to buy this.

post-7501-0-57914100-1413879133_thumb.jp

American standard 3-tone sunburst Tele.

post-7501-0-24127500-1413879160_thumb.jp

Gretsch 'Honey Dipper' resonator, such a good-fun guitar, tuned to open D.

post-7501-0-06005300-1413879205_thumb.jp

1962 re-issue strat with N.O.S. genuine '62 pickups hand-wound by the ladies who made them back in the 60's. This is my go-to guitar.

post-7501-0-31610200-1413879296_thumb.jp

I'll add some others as and when they make their way out of their cases.

Edited by Matthew62

Love that jaguar dude, such an awesome shape.

The guy that ^ seafoam body was for asked for his headstock painting after collecting the body and some old style fender decals applying he had bought...

imagejpg1_zps3268089d.jpg

I dunno why he collected the body thou, I'm having it back in a few days to redrill for scratch plate and refit the neck?! Nowt as strange as folk.

Edit - what an awful picture, I'll get better ones when I've built it.

Any one interested in an Orange amp considering selling if the price is right. The heads a Th30 and the cabs a compact 4x12. Total setup cost me £1200.

Bought brand new about a year ago and used about twice a week for an hour over 6 months. So still pretty much new, and the tubes are fine (always warmed them up and cooled them down before and after playing). The other six months it has sat in my wardrobe.

If you like pictures give me a shout

So would if I had the £££!

It's a sweet little setup and I'm reluctant to sell it. But I'm no longer in a band ( not enough time and other reasons) and it's not an amp you use to just jam at home with. Plus if I don't sell it now, thinking I'll use it one day, when I know I won't, I'm just going to lose out on money I could buy myself a smaller, more practical setup.

It's a sweet little setup and I'm reluctant to sell it. But I'm no longer in a band ( not enough time and other reasons) and it's not an amp you use to just jam at home with. Plus if I don't sell it now, thinking I'll use it one day, when I know I won't, I'm just going to lose out on money I could buy myself a smaller, more practical setup.

I would of!

I personally don't care about chips and scratches on the guitar. If it's gonna get played it's bound to happen. But if it's a guitar that has any resale value then I would keep it in mint condition.

Planning to fill my ash body with black grain filler, sand it back and hopefully I'll get some nice dark grains showing. I can see the grains are quite deep so should come out quite nice. Then a few coats of Tru-Oil, then satin finish depending on how the tru-oil comes out.

Drawing a custom pickguard to suit the hipshot bridge, ol greg1040 is making a ferrule block for me then I think after that I can work on putting my partbanez together. Should be done by end of year. Hope to anyway.

Surfs up, duude!

IMAG0897_zps6d337d15.jpg

I'll soon be taking on my own premises and would be looking to extend my portfolio of work. If it's of any use to a tf member I'd be happy to refinish/restore a guitar/instrument for a very reasonable sum, for tf members only ofcourse. If its useful to anyone pm me and we can discuss ideas etc.

Follow upto surf green tele..

imagejpg1_zpsb916d884.jpg

Wilkinson bridge fitted I had spare, headstock colour coded, single ply scratch plate and chrome switch plate fitted. It's a mid 2005-2006 squire tele I bought cheaply to sell on after getting the once over. I must say thou, it's winning me over :blush:

USA Tele news...

Finally got the body lacquered in polyester as it should be.

IMAG0898_zpsadd43d1a.jpg

The neck has been fully restored too as it had a serious case of lacquer split from top to bottom. Sanded, recoloured and re lacquered in 30% sheen. Managed to avoid touching the decals, serial number and build date tags too which was my aim.

Your mums room looked nicer last time I was in there.

In another constant barrage of shite pictures...

imagejpg1_zps6d1b07ef.jpg

Got the USA tele polished, all the metalwork cleaned and re polished and the neck refitted. Really pleased with the neck now, I wasn't sure on the matte lacquer but it's perfect. Plays really nicely too after awe hours fettling!