Post A Picture Of Your Guitar

davey1991

There's not one guitar shop around here where I trust them setting up my guitar. Once I saw a guy in one shop, probably in his late teens setting up a customers Gibson LP on his bliming lap. Same shop that I walked in and asked if they sold audio monitors and only got told I should go checkout Argos. Only time I go in there now is when I need strings urgently.

Scrap the Yamaha talk. Went to another local store yesterday in need of a new amp, my cheaper then cheap shit thing is shit and cheap.

Requirements were - had to be a good looking piece of furniture, sub £400, 450 at a push and a valve amp. I love the warm sounds valve amps give and that very slight hum.

£350 later I'm the owner of a Fender FSR superchamp x2 cabernet blues and it sounds beautiful. Lovely warm tone with abit of drive on but on 100% clean its crystal sharp. Looks beautiful too in wine red with a cream cloth front.

Scrap the Yamaha talk. Went to another local store yesterday in need of a new amp, my cheaper then cheap shit thing is shit and cheap.

Requirements were - had to be a good looking piece of furniture, sub £400, 450 at a push and a valve amp. I love the warm sounds valve amps give and that very slight hum.

£350 later I'm the owner of a Fender FSR superchamp x2 cabernet blues and it sounds beautiful. Lovely warm tone with abit of drive on but on 100% clean its crystal sharp. Looks beautiful too in wine red with a cream cloth front.

Glad you made a good decision before I saw the Yamaha amp chat…..you just can't go wrong with a Fender tube amp. The colour combo you've chosen looks awesome! I've got a little Pro Junior as a practice amp and despite its size it's a great powerful amp which can easily keep up with a full band at practice. If anything it can be difficult to get it to overdrive as the max volume is pretty full-on.

I've got a pretty much unused Marshall full stack that I'm desperate to get rid of so that I can replace it with something like this: http://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-reissue-blues-deluxe/26128 or http://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-68-custom-deluxe-reverb/87536 although the latter one is probably a bit over the top.

Have you fallen foul of pedal addiction yet? Or is that still to come?

No pedal additions yet, I'm still getting to grips with the guitar, I don't need something else to throw me off :P. I'm very pleasee with the amp, it's got a fantastic clean sound. I haven't really played with the other settings on the amp yet..

The deluxe reverbs look fantastic pieces of kit, but at my level of playing I couldn't justify any more then my 400 budget. I was very impressed with how the Fender sounded over the Marshall and Vox I tried. The vox sounded good but lacked bite, the sharpness of the tones were lost. The Marshall on the other hand sounded awful, sounded no better then my previous cheap heap. There was no definate note, it was very muddy and distorted. Could clean it up a touch but it still sounded heavy.

imagejpg1_zpsb720844f.jpg

I accidentally a 50th anniversary USA tele. Bought it for an absolute steal, neck pickup gives off no sound and someone's varnished the neck again for whatever reason. Plan is strip it, fit new 3way switch (this ones a touch baggy) and new pots, find what the cause of the dead pickup is (I'm suspecting switch), sand the neck down and recoat in satin clear coat then just spruce it up abit. It sounds beautiful thou even on these shitted up strings. I can't wait to get to it and get it right again. I bought it to resell but it sounds/looks so bloody good!

Hey metal folk (Or smart bass folk in general).
I'm going to be getting a 5 string bass soon to play in a metal band playing in a pointlessly low tuning (Drop A with a low E), so I'll need something dumb like .180 gauge strings.

Trying to decide what bass I want to get. Pretty much looking at something like a Warwick Rockbass, a 5 string Jazz bass or some form of LTD with active humbuckers.

Really the only reason I want a Jazz bass is because I like the necks and they look amazing. The Rockbass is an attractive option because it has two massive pickups and they sound so huge, which is what I want. The LTD's certainly look a hell of a lot nicer than the ugly Rockbass, I don't know much about active humbuckers but I've been told that they make your bass sound real big too, the Rockbass is only passive but the overall size of the pickups pretty much make up for that.

I think that the Rockbass is the cheapest option which is why it is the most attractive at the moment but I don't know if the LTD's active pickups will be better?

I really want to get a huuuuge bass tone. Really full and chunky.

Got myself a piece of northern ash. Putting together a parts guitar, still hunting for a 7 string neck (no binding) as I would like to keep my current 7 in one piece to sell. But it seems AANJ 7 necks are hard to come by so if I can't find a decent one I'll take the neck off my current 7 and sell the body. Have to get the string holes and bridge mount holes drilled by a local luthier, when I can get hold of him.

Leaving it natural finish, but maybe tru-oil or tung oil. Not sure yet, have to do more research.

Parts wise it's going to have a pair of Dimarzio Ionizer 7's neck and bridge, not sure about middle yet. Hipshot fixed bridge, then a simple tone and volume and 3 way switch. All black hardware. Hopefully whatever neck I end up with goes nicely with the body and I can get a nice setup.

photo.jpg

Edited by weirdoku

Looks nice dude, I love ash bodies.

Been working on the USA tele the last few nights, sanded the neck and gave it a satin lacquer to smarten it up, restrung it and set the truss rod as the neck looked like a bow. Reset the intonation and saddle heights too and got it very close I think, feels lovely to play and sounds beautiful, such a sharper note then my Mex tele. When I removed the neck I discovered the body has Microtilt but someone's fitted the wrong neck plate and removed the grub screw so I've corrected tattoo, just waiting on a new plate.

I know your all sick of pictures now but this is how my collection stands now.

imagejpg1_zpsdd682495.jpg

LTD guitars are generally just awesome. Play well and sound nice. You could always change the pickup to something bigger if the stock ones aren't enough. However ltd stuff is quite leaned towards metal

True true. Just been doing a bit of research on them. Kinda keen to get my local music store to get an ESP LTD Deluxe B1005 in for me to try. This puppy

I own one of the really basic LTD B104 things, I've always loved playing that so this might be killer too.

The only downside to the B1005 that I have read is that the pickups are a bit lacking, so I would be happy to upgrade. I know nothing about bass pick ups though.... Haha.

Well I've managed to sell my seafoam strat which I'm pleased about. I've been talking with my guitar tutor about painting a few for him so he gave me his HSS MIM strat and said 'do something special'. So it's gone from a dull battered fiesta red, to this..

IMAG1069_zps1a0a9337.jpg

Now, on there it just looks like a 3 tone Sunburst strat, but if you get close it's actually a candy colour, kinda the iconic sunburst with a twist.

I wanted to create something special but kind of a nod to the old which I think I've managed, looks fantastic in the flesh and I can't wait to put better pictures up on here! Hopefully be getting a few from the shop to recolour in the future if he's pleased with this.

Edit -

Would anyone on here or know of anyone that would be interested in having their guitar refinished? I'm just gauging popularity of stuff before I pursue an idea. I've had quite a few interested parties through ebay too!

Well I've managed to sell my seafoam strat which I'm pleased about. I've been talking with my guitar tutor about painting a few for him so he gave me his HSS MIM strat and said 'do something special'. So it's gone from a dull battered fiesta red, to this..IMAG1069_zps1a0a9337.jpg

Now, on there it just looks like a 3 tone Sunburst strat, but if you get close it's actually a candy colour.

Given the toss weather outside, this'll have to do until it's sunny enough to get a good picture..

imagejpg1_zps3b829163.jpg

imagejpg1_zps5a731f5b.jpg

The pictures do it no justice which is a real shame, it looks gorgeous in person

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update from me, painted this for a local lad yesterday..

imagejpg1_zpsf33557bb.jpg

Fitted my vintage bridge to the tele. Matt, I didn't fit the wilkinson bridge in the end so it's up for grabs if you'd like it? Nothing wrong with it at all, dare I say it's nicer finished then the fender bridge! I'm just a genuine parts kinda guy..

imagejpg1_zps09c8b8d0.jpg

• Like 1

Wish I could be bothered to take a photo of all the parts I've gathered for the ash body I have. Got the pickups and bridge today, it's just a pickguard cover I need now then I'm pretty sure I can start putting it all together. Really hope it goes together well and the end product plays nicely.

Well the first 2 full body resprays for customers are done awaiting collection, I'm over the moon with how they turned out. Here's to the next few! Left one is a Harley Davidson colour, very similar to Lake Placid Blue but with more green/metallic, right is the correct sea foam green.

imagejpg1_zpsd6aac57d.jpg